Me Too

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
ouch
Ensign
Ensign

Me Too

Post by ouch »

Pretty much what the title says. the cursor will stop moving where the edge of the screen would normally be in a 4:3 aspect ratio.

this makes clicking on ships in view quite frustrating as you can see the ship but you can't move the cursor over there to click on it... :)

oh, and I'm running windows 7 pro 64bit

[Edited on 7-17-2011 by ouch]
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Me Too

Post by Dingo »

also running 7 64, but i have no problems on 16:9
Life is an illusion. Only shooting red things is real.
ouch
Ensign
Ensign

Me Too

Post by ouch »

Really? What resolution? I'm 1920X1080
Rusty
Ensign
Ensign

Me Too

Post by Rusty »

After reading your first post I checked my game out and sure enough, the cursor refuses to go the full width of the screen.

My resolution is 1680 x 1050.

No amount of changes in the options menu seem to make any difference. The cursor will go full height, top to bottom but not width wise.

@ouch - please post a remedy if you find one and I'll do the same. Thanx.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Me Too

Post by Vice »

This is intended behavior for a couple of reasons. The mouse selection system is part of the HUD, which is projected onto your helmet's visor. The side limits of the click range is just inside the edge of the screen on a 4:3 resolution and a bit further inside on a 16:9. It will be closer to the middle of the screen on wider resolutions. The click ranges remain the same no matter what screen width you use, they are consistent across all resolutions (so all players have exactly the same target selection options regardless of what resolution they use, no advantages or disadvantages in that regard). All other menu options and buttons also remain consistent.

For ship selection (which is all this impacts anyway), the ship must be within the edge of your HUD to click on it with the pointer. However, you'll likely find gunsight target selection to be a more accurate and functionally effective method of targeting versus off-center targeting anyway. At least, that will likely be the case if you prefer visual target selection... especially in combat.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations