Some info for rookies from a newbie

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Z3r0
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Z3r0 »

Hello, this is my first post in these forums :)
Yesterday i found a nice way to get familiar with the nav map "quadrants" and to earn some extra cash for new ship hulls :)
So when you are bored from mining contracts or solar panel clean contracts, and are not so powerful to engage on a real battle try this: Dock on any station open inventory menu, and then on left side you'll find crew management, open that and look for a "transport" crew member. You'll see where he needs to be transported, initial transport price and cycle counter. Usually price for via quadrant transport is about 140k. When you take the passenger aboard, the timer will start to count down, when it reaches 0 10% will be reduced from your pay, and timer will start from top again. In first the coordinates and station names can be tricky to search, so first when you see the transport crew member contract, open your nav map and make a suitable flight path. And once you familiar where you need to fly, take that member aboard and race as fast as you can! :) after few transports, you'll be able to improve your hull, meaning more power, more slots, better equipment.

Also a suggestion in the start don't try to buy best weapons yet. Stick to some particle cannon of class 3-4 and by a canon relay upgrade. In my research as my ship is not so good at the moment, lower class weapons perform way better, than outclassed huge cannons :)

Also don't buy biggest engine in the start, stick to shield upgrades, counter measure slots, because in the battle you'll need them.

And lastly visit the multiplayer. The community there is awesome, and will help you with everything. Also all us rookies can do a coop contracts, like fight missions, learn and earn together :)

This is only my way of game playing, and i don't say that is the best start ;) but for me, it helped with navigation and funds.

And also sorry for my English, its not my native language. See you in the battle field comrades!!
so many buttons in the cockpit!!
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

From post: 110620, Topic: tid=7772, author=Z3r0 wrote:And lastly visit the multiplayer. The community there is awesome, and will help you with everything.
:cool: Probably the best piece of advice ... in any language. ;)
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Post by SeeJay »

Hi and welcome.

We have met in MP and your post about learning the nav is really good.
It's one of the most important stuff to learn.

Also MP. I joined right away and got A LOT of help and my learnign went much faster
than before.

Great stuff.
/SeeJay
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Post by 49rTbird »

Hello Z3r0, Welcome to the forum and the Sim. Have fun and hope to see you in "Multi-Player" sometime. :)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Z3r0
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Z3r0 »

Thx for the warm welcome, its so addictive, that will go and do some contracts now before sleep :) also will try to post, some info from my own experience here, and maybe some of it will be useful for other players like me :)
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Post by Dingo »

Great idea Zero. If you have any questions feel free to u2u me. I am trying to compile a useful FAQ, but since i'm not new I have trouble identifying what the most crucial information is. So any question you ask will actually help others in the long run. And welcome to the game.
Life is an illusion. Only shooting red things is real.
Z3r0
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Z3r0 »

Thx Dingo, and a fresh question just after today's game ;) There are patrol contracts. The details provide the waypoint count to patrol, lets say 4 and estimated fighter count, let say 6. When i travel to first wp i see some reds, and try to destroy them, but suddenly more starts to appear and with no stop, i take down 1 then 1 new appears. Also no new data is shown in log, regarding next waypoints, last fight i killed about 10 of them, and nothing, only new dots appeared. So question would be: am i killing them to slow, or should i just kill as many as there comes, and in some time i should get info about next waypoint?
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Post by Dingo »

you should get a new waypoint after all members of the original group are eliminated. Sometimes one slips away. Not often, but often enough to notice. then you either use a deployed sensor to find the bugger, of cancel the contract. The problem is more frequent if you use the careful multiple pass method in my experience.
Life is an illusion. Only shooting red things is real.
Flying Brick
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Flying Brick »

Hi Z3r0, and welcome!

Dingo: I don't know if one needs to kill 6 (or whatever) of the _original_ reds, my impression (though I might be wrong) is that any 6 (or whatever) reds will do - given they are in the mission area, naturally. I, for one, never paid attention to which ones I'm killing, and, of course, more of their friends always join up, so there's lots more than the original number by the time I'm done.

Also, Z3r0, a common thing is that the message that lets you know you can proceed to the next point is very easy to get lost in the heat of the battle (i.e., one does not notice it, what with dodging bullets and "incoming missile!" all the time).
In theory at least, though, once you (or any other greens present there) have killed the specified number, there should be an announcement that lets you proceed to the next waypoint.
You shouldn't need to kill all the reds or anything like that, just the number specified in the contract. There's always more reds :)
Mecingo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Mecingo »

From post: 110620, Topic: tid=7772, author=Z3r0 wrote:Also don't buy biggest engine in the start, stick to shield upgrades, counter measure slots, because in the battle you'll need them.
That is wise, CMs help keep you alive, and shields are important. One can have the most powerful weapon yet be beaten by a other opponent because one's lack of defense.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: If you're not sure if the message got lost among other chat lines, just go to your nav map and see if the waypoint has changed to some other location in the sector. If it has, jump to the new location.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Z3r0, welcome to the game and forum. Hope to see you out there some time...;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Z3r0
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Z3r0 »

Thx guys for the info, going to space now and see if i need to destroy specific number, or the original party, will report back with findings :)

Ok, so i finally completed one of quest patrol contracts. Actually if you see in contract description something like waypoints 3 estimated fighters 12 it means that in each waypoint you need to kill 4 reds, and it dosn't really matter if they are from original party or spawned friends, when you kill them, a faint line in log says that next waypoint is some degrees in some direction. so you can leave all alive reds and go ahead in next wp for other 4 reds :)

[Edited on 7-16-2011 by Z3r0]