A tip for all new players

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
airassassin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by airassassin »

If your new to the game or having a hard time gaining a lot of cash to buy ships and stuff I highly recommend you to go to a system called Atlas.
You do not need but you should have 5 cargo bays and a mining laser.

If your newer and do not know what to look out for watch out for gate traps. The most popular gate traps that I know of is a constructor station and/or proximity mines. The reason why someone may use a station vs the mines is the mines can only be used once, however the station stays there and blows up or forces many people to dock and be trap in a open box unless if someone blows up the station.
Some reasons for why someone will set up a trap is, if you have something in your cargo bay then it can drop. So a pirate can put a trap out and have you "kill your self" and take your stuff.
Other reasons is if someone or a group of people doesn't want someone or another group in system then this may keep some people out.
Or they could be doing it to just be funny and sometimes the trap forces you to dock and they will use that time when your dock and trying to get out of the docking bay to trap you and blow you up. However, this is not a common thing but it can happen. But, keep in mind some traps my still be up but the player or group that was using the trap may or may not be still using the trap.
At any case they could be watching for someone to come in with a sensor station so you need to keep an eye out for other players near the gate.
You can avoid being blown up by doing a few basic things. If a station is on both sides of a gate that your jumping from then aim to go in the gate where it wont force you to go near a station. As soon as it starts making you go faster press and hold up or down and this will keep you above or below a station. This trick may not work with mines and a mix between station and mines my not be possible to not be blown up without some luck.
When you made it to the other side check for any players on grid. If you see any player on grid (not NPC) then go to your map, pick a random grid and be ready to jump if they start shooting. (Just because there is a trap there and a player near by doesn't mean they set up the trap and/or will shoot you).
Also, all ways save when you reach the system you want to go to.

When you get to Atlas pull up the map and look at the rep and make sure it is good. If it is fair then pick another system and come back for the guns and ship parts when you have the money.

If your rep is good then look for the planet with the ring around with some asteroids on the ring. Save then jump to the asteroids and press Alt+B at the same time. Let all but your last cargo bay fill with water. From what I seen, all rings will give you water and only water. If you do not have a special mining beam then you will only get water even if your beam is hitting an asteroid.
Save the game again when this is done. Now open your map and look for the grid with the planet and the blue cloud on it. You should see some asteroids on the top of the cloud and after you saved jump to them.
Press Alt+B and if you have a fuel converter on your ship then you should be getting some fuel while you are mining in the cloud. Now go to an asteroid and keep dumping only your last cargo bay until you see 5:PLAT-1. Move your way up from cargo bay 5 to 4 to 3 to 2 then 1. This way all your cargo bay will at less have PLAT-1. This will keep only the highest selling ore in your ship but this could take a hour or so to fill up your ship.
When you have all your cargo bays full if your on single player mode go to the map and click on the planet and go to the planet. This will be the fastest way out of the cloud so you can jump to a station. If you are online then click on my station "AirAssassin Trade" and head to that and you can just jump to that to make things quicker.

When your ready to buy high tech things my station has all the stations to make sure everyone can buy the highest tech stuff in the area. (I don't get money or anything by you using my station).

After you get a bit of money buy a Deploy Constructor. This will let you put a mining probe in asteroids and planets. This will make you more money because it works faster then you mining for plat with 5 cargo bays.

Another way to make money is by making your own station with a build constructor and buying then selling in your station. You can buy most things in your station cheaper then you can sell them. Also a good way to make money is by being online and going to Atlas system then buying and selling at the many stations in this system.
Tech Reviews and Help videos https://www.youtube.com/user/TechRHelp
airassassin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by airassassin »

the :P should be 5: PLAT-1
Dingo
Commander
Commander

Post by Dingo »

Nice to see you posting tips as you find em AA.
Life is an illusion. Only shooting red things is real.
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Post by SeeJay »

Great work Assassin.

Those traps have been removed and I will hunt anyone building traps in HB controlled systems.

Ronukue, I have reports that say it is you doing this. If it is, be warned. I will kill on sight if
this continues.
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: SeeJay, I'm too lazy to read the whole post ... could you quote the part about "traps" please?
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Post by SeeJay »

From post: 110447, Topic: tid=7764, author=Marvin wrote::cool: SeeJay, I'm too lazy to read the whole post ... could you quote the part about "traps" please?
There was constructors build on either side of the gate that made you
blow up if you are off 0 by anything at all before jumping in.:mad:
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Ahha! Thanks for the info, SeeJay. Evidently, Dennis the Menace is alive and well in the Evochron universe.
airassassin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by airassassin »

From post: 110450, Topic: tid=7764, author=Marvin wrote::cool: Ahha! Thanks for the info, SeeJay. Evidently, Dennis the Menace is alive and well in the Evochron universe.

lol ya. i hadn't seen mines out there yet but i honestly can see that being used as a trap for anyone that moves cargo around.

BTW I have a few constructor stations at the sun in a few systems. I put them there because you can go in the docking bay and keep your laser on and you will fuel up with out being drag into the sun. The only thing is, if you do use one of the stations, it is a little tricky to get in some of them.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

LOL....Some nice tips there not only for the rookies......! As for building Stations directly in front of gates I think should be made impossible for online play as it can cause fustration for players who do not have Station Detonators....LOL....;):P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Post by MMaggio »

From post: 110445, Topic: tid=7764, author=SeeJay wrote:Great work Assassin.

Those traps have been removed and I will hunt anyone building traps in HB controlled systems.

Ronukue, I have reports that say it is you doing this. If it is, be warned. I will kill on sight if
this continues.
I have a better solution; Anyone found guilty of building these "traps" will be banned from the server. How's that for an incentive?
If anybody has any more of these "gate traps" out there, remove them now before I find them!
It never ceases to amaze me how devious some players can be in finding ways to abuse the game.
I warn you all, it may be tedious for me, but I can find every station built and by whom, so unless you don't care, I suggest you eliminate the so called "gate traps" now!
I can't tell you how mad and upset this kind of purile activity makes me. Suffice it to say that I think this is the worst offence against the game, the author and your fellow players I have seen yet. If this is the caliber of ppl the server has to deal with, I'd rather not run the server at all! I am not kidding here. I have never been so mad and disgusted by any player abuses before.
You have been warned! Get rid of the "gate traps" now!
Do not let me find them or you will be banned from the server!
Furiously mad, MM
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

There is a chance that the person/persons doing this do not read every thread in this forum...I think banning the responsible parties is a good idea and a warning posting should sufice. Just some friendly advice getting mad about it is not and only hurts yourself do not let the madness crawl under your skin....;)
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Post by MMaggio »

It is "under my skin" and I don't care if he reads the forum or not and if you think this situ hurts me, then find someone else to run & police the server!
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
airassassin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by airassassin »

From post: 110469, Topic: tid=7764, author=Maarschalk wrote:There is a chance that the person/persons doing this do not read every thread in this forum...I think banning the responsible parties is a good idea and a warning posting should sufice. Just some friendly advice getting mad about it is not and only hurts yourself do not let the madness crawl under your skin....;)
A lot of people think it is not cool to do this but personally I think it is interesting when someone has traps like that but I think they need to clean up when they are done.

As far as a warning goes, I think all the warning that is needed is a topic post on the announcements forum.

Ensign
Ensign

Post by Itharus »

Sounds like they should add some heavy duty turrets to the Gates that destroy any and all objects that aren't a ship within a certain radius of the gate so that people can't abuse them with traps like that.
Busch
Captain
Captain

Post by Busch »

Really good posting, AA. Good work on that trade tip of leaving 1 unit of material in each bay. Unless one is using a specialized mining beam or a mining probe, that tip works well. And adding a science officer as crew also helps speed up your beam-mining efforts.
Commander
[SW] Clan Squadron Lead - Retired
Call Sign: Busch