IMG spy mission

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
wolvie
Ensign
Ensign

IMG spy mission

Post by wolvie »

Ok I've been playing for quite a while now trying to complete the contract for the spy mission for IMG. Well, it's ridiculously hard. I've developed quite a sufficient spacecraft and practiced the whole combat tactic with IDS off and bla bla bla. Well, it ain't working and it makes me really frustrated. It says I'm supposed to have a stealth device for this mission but also they want me to see "a new pilot" how I would handle 4 enemy ships (initially because if by any chance I am able to take a few or rarely all of them, by the time I start "spying" I'm either destroyed by the missiles from the big ship, or there are gazillion other enemy ships flying my way) without it. Well, whoever came up with that mission was "quite thoughtful". :mad::mad::mad::mad:
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

IMG spy mission

Post by Vice »

It may seem tough at first, but you can break it down into a much easier mission with a few basic tactics. First, plot your course to put the capital ship between you and those hostiles. This will make them stop launching missiles at you or destroy the ones fired at you when they impact the ship on the other side. Keep your speed high to avoid letting them sneak in behind you and circle around the capital ship while staying within scanning range. Do not stop. Stay above or below the ship, don't let it get a broadside angle on you, which will make it easier for them to target you with missiles and cannons. Once the scan is complete, hit the afterburners and get away quickly.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
wolvie
Ensign
Ensign

IMG spy mission

Post by wolvie »

From post: 110200, Topic: tid=7749, author=Vice wrote: It may seem tough at first, but you can break it down into a much easier mission with a few basic tactics. First, plot your course to put the capital ship between you and those hostiles. This will make them stop launching missiles at you or destroy the ones fired at you when they impact the ship on the other side. Keep your speed high to avoid letting them sneak in behind you and circle around the capital ship while staying within scanning range. Do not stop. Stay above or below the ship, don't let it get a broadside angle on you, which will make it easier for them to target you with missiles and cannons. Once the scan is complete, hit the afterburners and get away quickly.
You are a genius!! What do you know, it worked!!! Thanks, man!!
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

IMG spy mission

Post by DaveK »

Thanks Vice! :D:D
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage