VARIABLE HANGAR FEES

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
KingArthur
Commander
Commander

VARIABLE HANGAR FEES

Post by KingArthur »

I Store 5 Cannons in a Hangar in My Home System.I am Charged the Same Fee as If I was Storing a Ship and it's Equipment.
The Reason I Store Cannons is that they are from Many Systems and Storing them Gives Me Immediate Access to them should I want to Switch Cannons for a Specific Contract/Mission.
I'd like to see Hangar Fees based on What You Have Stored, not just a Fixed Fee.
\"HONOR AND INTEGRITY ALWAYS\"
Flying Brick
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

VARIABLE HANGAR FEES

Post by Flying Brick »

Actually, it's pretty realistic, imho: in real life, I can rent some storage space and the price is fixed - they don't know or care what I'm storing: it could be diamonds, or it could be my grandma's false teeth. The fee is the same.
Same thing for a bank safety deposit box - the fee is fixed regardless of what you're storing...

After a few quick trade runs, though, money shouldn't matter much anymore, anyway :)
KingArthur
Commander
Commander

VARIABLE HANGAR FEES

Post by KingArthur »

Yes, but You also have the choice of What Size Storage Space you need and at what cost.

Oh, I know Money isn't a Problem , but , still.lol.

[Edited on 7-6-2011 by InkedMike]

[Edited on 7-6-2011 by InkedMike]
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

VARIABLE HANGAR FEES

Post by DaveK »

1: if money isn't a problem then does it really matter? (extra code = slower execution (and yes I know that it would make a very tiny difference but add up all the small changes people want for "realism" and it adds up)) :)

2: if it is a bugbear then perhaps a ship hangar fee at one level and a cargo storage fee at a second, lower one :)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
KingArthur
Commander
Commander

VARIABLE HANGAR FEES

Post by KingArthur »

I like the Idea DaveK. 2 Tier Fees. I didn't become a Billoinarre by just Throwing Money away, but , as You Say, Money isn't the Problem , It's Simply the Principle.
Ravenfeeder
Commander
Commander

VARIABLE HANGAR FEES

Post by Ravenfeeder »

Incidently, InkedMike, do you know where your logo quote comes from?
Image And mad cat
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

VARIABLE HANGAR FEES

Post by DaveK »

One version has it as a latin proverb Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius. which is translated as "Kill them all. The Lord will know His own." or "Kill them all. Let God sort them out."

It is supposed to have been daid by Abbot Arnold Amaury the Abbot of Citeaux, and "spiritual advisor" to the Albigensian Crusade before the massacre of Béziers in 1209 during the Albigensian Crusade.

Pope Innocent III ordered the Albigensian Crusade, to purge southern France of the Cathari heretics. It began in the summer of 1209, with their first target - the town of Beziers. The Catholic faithful in Beziers refused to give up the Catharis among themselves. The crusaders invaded. When Arnaud-Amaury was asked whom to kill he replied "Kill them all. God will know his own." They did. The crusaders slaughtered nearly everyone in town, over 20,000, either burned or clubbed to death. Thus they achieved their goal of killing the estimated 200 heretics who were hiding in the town among the Catholic faithful.

:(
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage