Questions regarding player Stations

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Damodar
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Damodar »

Hi there guys.

Finnally I'm in Alpha C and I'm trying to establish myslef around that place.
I was wondering how works the stuff with the Trade Stations you can build. I mean, do they have the same functions as the computer trade stacions? I can buy/sell stuff and get missions? If I build a trade station near another one in the same system, will I have problems with the factions of that palce or should I build it up in middle of nowhere?

Thanks again guys for all your help.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Yes, a player built trade station functions the same as a computer trade station. You automatically have a license for your own built station. I believe you can not built a trade station in a sector that already has one and the built station has to be within the limits of in sector coordinates of +/-50k for X,Y,Z....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Even if you build a trade station in a Hostile sytem, your station will act as sanctuary for you. But only for you. You will automatically receive a station license. Items will be cheaper. When you're tractored into the station, hostile ships (AI) will leave you alone unless they're already within attack range.

;) Stuff like that. If you try to build a trade station and receive a message saying you cannot, make sure you are at least one full sector (in all three dimensions) away from any other trade station. If you still cannot build a station, read the message closely ... if it says you've reached your limit for the number of stations in the system, then move ten or twenty sectors away and try again. The maximum number of stations allowable in any specific area is (I think) fifty.
Damodar
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Damodar »

Thanks for the responses guys.
I Have another question, do I recieve any knd of benefit building up a trading station? Any kind of tax incoming?

Thanks again!
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Post by SeeJay »

Hi Damodar.

You will get an income from systems you have "control" over if you have a clan Tag, [CLAN] Name
attached to the name and have raised your control to 80% or above in that system.

The more stations you build in a system, the slower your control % falls when you are
offline. If you are online, all % stops falling as long as you are online.
(You do not have to be in the system you're controlling. Just online).

You will get paid by a cycle, kinda like a paycheck every 10min or so.

Hope this helps.
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Damodar
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Damodar »

So, if I didn't miss anything, I will only get the taxes if I play on MP? Does this works for SP too?

Thanks again guys.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Territory is a "clan" thing and clans only work in MP (there's no such thing as an AI clan). Ergo, you can't build up a territory or receive "rent money" in SP.

;) Trade stations built in MP must have the clan tag on them to work as territory (%) holders. You can build trade stations in SP but their only advantages are, in SP (MP too), they give you free docking and a safe haven from enemy ships.
Damodar
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Damodar »

Awh, that's sad, I've spent most of my money on a trade station, ore procesor and a research lab... I was trying to build my economy empire. At least I hope this boost the economy and technology in the system, so there are more items for sale on the trade stations.
Capt_Caveman
Commander
Commander

Post by Capt_Caveman »

From post: 106648, Topic: tid=7553, author=Damodar wrote:At least I hope this boost the economy and technology in the system, so there are more items for sale on the trade stations.

it will
Damodar
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Damodar »

Thank god, at least building that stuff in SP is not a completly waste of credits. :)

EDIT: ell, something is definetly hapening in this sector. I've built all the buildable things and now the place is filled with ships. I got now mmrdits for finishing contracts but I don't know if that's because my reputation may got up. Also, I've noticed that if I want to build another tthing is more expeev before, not sure why...

[Edited on 5-4-2011 by Damodar]