Game performance (multiplayer)...

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Mop Head
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Mop Head »

I have a related question: When I'm on Rem 1, MM says that I slow other players down if they're in my sector. I was wondering if this was a performance issue or my connection. MM says my fps is low. I know I'm a bit underpowered on a laptop w/ 2ghz/ 2 MB and I'm on the almost ancient DSL. I was thinking of buying a desktop w/3.2ghz/4MB and wondering if this would solve the issue. Thanks.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

The server and clients can dynamically adapt to changing packet update rates. And even if you were to effect other players, it would only impact the other players that are in the same sector as you are. But even with other players in the same sector, they can maintain a high packet update rate if your connection or system is slow, so the impact any one player can have on others is quite minimal. You may jump around a bit due to lag and other players may appear to jump around to you, but the other players will remain smooth to each other if their connections are stable and fast.

For performance, a lot depends on your 3D video card rather than just the CPU and memory capacity.

Moving these posts over to a new thread.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations