Targeting question

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Resist
Ensign
Ensign

Targeting question

Post by Resist »

Took a quest with 3 waypoints/32 fighters. Jumped to the 1st waypoint where 10 Rebels awaited and proceeded with their demise. As the battle proceeded, other hostile Navy, Energy, and Rebels jumped in and joined the hostile herd I was drawing.

I could only figure out to use 'T' to find and target the next Rebel ship after dispatching the previous targets DNA into the space dust.

Finally got a complete on the first waypoint and jumped to the 2nd. 10 to 12 Rebels awaited their fate there and I proceeded to dispatch justice to their ships. Other hostile Navy, Energy, and Rebels again jumped in and had 30+ hostiles herded after me. (Again only using 'T' to target the next Rebel ship each time.)

Am I missing something in finding targets?

BTW: It was a glorious battle and a glorious death (of me). Lasted over 2 hours between these 2 waypoints (down to 200 fuel so I knew the 3rd waypoint wasn't possible) when a Navy cruiser jumped in behind me in the direction I was traveling and dispatched me quickly with flak and missiles.......LOL
Avenger
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Targeting question

Post by Avenger »

Maybe the system is a little too hostile for you at this time.

Try running contracts in a less hostile system so that not all factions (Rebels, Guild, Energy and Navy) try to kill you.

I mapped the 'target nearest hostile' to my stick and that's the only target function I need since the one nearest to you is the biggest threat.
Galaxy Defense Force Operator
Join the GDF!
Resist
Ensign
Ensign

Targeting question

Post by Resist »

Wasn't trying to kill all the hostile ships. Only wanted to target Rebels in the pack but had to 'T' thru 20+ Navy and Energy to find one for my next target. Nearest hostile ships always seemed to be Navy and I wasn't wanting to kill them.
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Targeting question

Post by 49rTbird »

From post: 106543, Topic: tid=7546, author=Resist wrote:Wasn't trying to kill all the hostile ships. Only wanted to target Rebels in the pack but had to 'T' thru 20+ Navy and Energy to find one for my next target. Nearest hostile ships always seemed to be Navy and I wasn't wanting to kill them.
It would be nice to mouse click on the target you want in the readout list. Have to put that on a list to Santa.:P
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Resist
Ensign
Ensign

Targeting question

Post by Resist »

I was under the assumption that I had to kill certain ships to complete the contract not a count. Am I wrong?
Ravenfeeder
Commander
Commander

Targeting question

Post by Ravenfeeder »

In addition to the above; you can refuel during missions, and re-arm with missiles, as long as you don't leave the combat sector.

During combat; didn't you see the on-screen notice telling you that you had a new waypoint? That should have come up once you had dispatched 7, or whatever, the reds were, per WP. When you see that notice come up, it is informing you that you've completed that WP mission, and, it's time to jump to the next WP.
Image And mad cat
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Targeting question

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Worth repeating:
From post: 106558, Topic: tid=7546, author=Ravenfeeder wrote:...see the on-screen [chat] notice telling you that you had a new waypoint...When you see that notice come up, it is informing you that you've completed that WP mission, and, it's time to jump to the next WP.
Resist
Ensign
Ensign

Targeting question

Post by Resist »

Thanks all that helped explain alot. I had seen the message at the first wp but didn't understand how the kills were recorded.

I had 2 green phoenix's at the first wp that finished off some targets helping me though they weren't in a fleet with me but assumed if the target was part of the contract I had received credit on the contract. Realize now that only the ones that I finished off counted and it didn't matter which ones I killed.

Thanks again,
Resist
It was still a glorious battle and death :D:D:D:D
Ravenfeeder
Commander
Commander

Targeting question

Post by Ravenfeeder »

The reds that friendly forces kill for you count towards the number of reds you have contracted to kill.
Image And mad cat
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Targeting question

Post by Maarschalk »

Keep in mind though that if you do kill hostile Navy, Miners and Energy as part of the hostile killing contract that it will take longer to improve your reputation in that system eventhough you mignt be completing more contracts faster by doing so.;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good