Need help with questing

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Solbadgreg
Ensign
Ensign

Need help with questing

Post by Solbadgreg »

I'm really really lost! I bought Evochron Renegades years ago, but I could never understand how to complete quests. I reinstalled the game recently and I am having the same problems.

I would accept a quest to deliver goods. When I warp out to the destination, where do I deliver them? Who do I deliver them to? The quest log is very vague.

When I go on a fetching mission for a faction, how do I find the item in question? Does my radar instrument panel display leads?? I'm very lost. I really want to enjoy this game, but its soooo vague on what ship I'm delivering to or where to go once I get to the warp destination. (I've played X3, so I'm used to these type of space sims.)
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Need help with questing

Post by Marvin »

Image Renegades, eh. Well, that's before my time. You'll need a long-time vet to answer those questions.
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Need help with questing

Post by 49rTbird »

Been awhile since I did the quest but here goes. To deliver goods when you come out of the jump there should be a large ship nearby that you deliver the goods by jettison them underneath the ship. Save before you select the mission. To find an object jump To the location with ids off and go straight for awhile. The object should show up on your 3D radar as a blip and you need to alter course to it. When you get close enough to it the mission should complete itself by informing you. I hope I got these right but if not others will correct me. Welcome to the forum and enjoy the Sim.:)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Need help with questing

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Solbadgreg, welcome to the forum and the game....As Thetiebers mentioned for finding the object you need to retrieve or fly close to, look for a pinkish or purpelish blip on your radar.

For delivering goods to a ship you have to get very close under the close by Capital or big ship at your warp destination, within 100 to 500 units I believe it was in Renegades and then Jetison the Cargo and mission should complete if you are at the right ship. It can be confusing if there are more then 1 big ship near your destination warp point, which some times happens, choose the closest which is ussually the one.....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good