First foray into Multiplayer

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
tn_prvteye
Ensign
Ensign

Post by tn_prvteye »

I took the plunge tonight. I logged on to Remula One to try it out. I was 'Kamikaze' in case anyone was there.

I liked the fact that it was a seamless transition from the single-player. Same ship, loadout, credits, location, everything. I started out in the same sector as my SP game. I'm not really into PvP, so I just kinda cruised and took some contracts.

A couple of things I noticed:

1) Getting awful crowded in my sky! I hit F1 to see the map, and there were stations EVERYWHERE! I was in Alpha Centauri, and it was filled with player stations! I assume all the sectors are like this? Man, hard to find a parking spot!

2) The contracts paid more at the player stations, and there was better stuff. Got me a better Laser that I hadn't seen in the SP game, yet.

3) I guess to offset the increase in credits, the AI seemed a bit tougher, as well. Or am I just imagining this?

Anyway, I like the idea of the persistent world. I also like the fact that as soon as I hop in, I'm not blown to bits by other players...so far anyway.

I think I'll keep popping in to the MP side of things more often.

See you out there!

-Steve
(tn_prvteye, Kamikaze)
warsign
Captain
Captain

Post by warsign »

From post: 106138, Topic: tid=7524, author=tn_prvteye wrote:

1) Getting awful crowded in my sky! I hit F1 to see the map, and there were stations EVERYWHERE! I was in Alpha Centauri, and it was filled with player stations! I assume all the sectors are like this? Man, hard to find a parking spot!

You can on and off those names, you can filter stations, gates, etc. on your nav map

3) I guess to offset the increase in credits, the AI seemed a bit tougher, as well. Or am I just imagining this?

:)

Anyway, I like the idea of the persistent world. I also like the fact that as soon as I hop in, I'm not blown to bits by other players...so far anyway.

wait :) just wait

I think I'll keep popping in to the MP side of things more often.

Mp is very different part of the game and awesome. Hope to meet you out there sometime.

See you out there!

Yes I'm saying this ;)
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

From post: 106138, Topic: tid=7524, author=tn_prvteye wrote:... the AI seemed a bit tougher, as well. Or am I just imagining this?
Image I don't know about that. I did some SP yesterday to test a mod and it didn't seem to be any easier.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Tn_prvteye, welcome to the game and froum....Hope to see you out there some time....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good