Benefits of Banshee vs. Phantom

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Nebula B
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Nebula B »

I recently bought a Banshee cannon, assuming it to be a superior weapon to the Phantom due to its higher class. I just looked up the stats for both weapons though, and it appears that the Phantom is actually better in terms of range, yield, etc. Is there a specific advantage to the Banshee that I'm missing? I'm thinking of going back.

Thanks in advance!

-Neb
Ophiuchus
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by Ophiuchus »

The Banshee cannon's advantage is as a "kinetic" weapon. Kinetic weapons have a different effect on their intended targets. Like the difference of firing a standard, lead-type slug as opposed to a depleted uranium penetraters. Big difference in impact and spalling effects. Have heard rumor that whilst using the Banshee or the Eclipse to good effect, the target craft is incapacitated to the point where return fire is nominal to non-existant. The Banshee is also a massive power drain, compared to the lesser offerings, and might best be used on the largest of mil and civ frames for the power core strengths. Something to consider. :)

[Edited on 4-16-2011 by Ophiuchus]

Mecingo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Mecingo »

I prefer banshee, it works fine for me.
Jeremy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jeremy »

Flarebeam is where it's at, man!
god-demis
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by god-demis »

From post: 105955, Topic: tid=7513, author=Jeremy wrote:Flarebeam is where it's at, man!
Totally agree on that!! The ''secret super weapon''!!!
Ok, nice try. Now... it\'s my turn....

Nigel_Strange
Captain
Captain

Post by Nigel_Strange »

I like the Maxim-R. It has the best range. I just kick back at 700 clicks and reduce them to Swiss cheese while sipping a cup of coffee.

It is interesting how some cannons work better than others, even though they have the same cycle. I found the firestar seemed to work better than the starguard, even though it has lower yield and the same cyclic.

Icespear worked pretty well, too, and it's one of the cooler-looking weapons, but I think I'll stick with the Maxim.
DennyMala
Captain
Captain

Post by DennyMala »

I find myself well at ease with the Maxim too. Good range means long reach for pursuing targets and longer reach for the never missing beam weapons too.

You can stick on a target tail just keeping the shields low for the final blow closing range.
Best regards

[IM] DennyMala