A Nav Console issue

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Ozy
Ensign
Ensign

A Nav Console issue

Post by Ozy »

I don't know why, but I've only had the map grid on the console work in a few instances. That is to say, I can set nav points but if I zoom out and right click, to zoom on to a new square, it just brings me to an empty grid. Sometimes it has worked, and I can set nav points to distance places with ease.

For seemingly no reason at all though, it just stops working and I can't right-click zoom on any areas successfully. Is this a glitch? Or am I making a silly noob mistake somewhere along the line?

As a note, I do have the mods for the warp effects, the PANDORA mod and the Mini-green hud, along with the cockpit mod that goes with it.
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

A Nav Console issue

Post by 49rTbird »

Hello Qxy, it is a newbie thing that you will get the hang of with experience. I always left click on the object I want then I right click so as to lock it in. If you then zoom in you should have it in view. If you zoom in then zoom out then in again you may revert back to your location not the marked location. Keep at it and you will have it down with time. Welcome to the forum and the Sim. Have fun and hope to see you out there sometime.:)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Ravenfeeder
Commander
Commander

A Nav Console issue

Post by Ravenfeeder »

Are you right clicking on the correct sector? Easy to click on an empty sector next to the one you intended, especially if your target is close to a sector edge. Are you checking, in your nav map, the rear view, which shows the up, and down, vectors. Remember space is 3d.
Image And mad cat
Ozy
Ensign
Ensign

A Nav Console issue

Post by Ozy »

Yeah, I think it was just sloppy clicking on my part :D I'm getting a better hang of it now I believe.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

A Nav Console issue

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Ozy, welcome to the game and forum. See you out there some time.....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

A Nav Console issue

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Searching "right-click" gave me the following:

http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtop ... #pid105163
Evochron is 3-dimensional. On the navigation map, those three dimensions are represented by two views:

■The Top View, displaying X-Z in two dimensions.

■The Rear View, displaying X-Y in two dimensions.

When you click on either map, you set your destination for the two corresponding sets of cooredinates ... either X-Z (when in Top View) or X-Y (when in Rear View). If you're attempting to target something either above or below, you need to switch to the Rear View in order to set the Y coordinate.

Right-clicking on the Nav map always zooms in. But, if the target is above or below your current Y position ... and you forget to set Y by left-clicking while in the Rear View ... you will be zooming in on a sector (usually empty) at the correct X and Z coordinates ... but the wrong Y coordinate.
http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtop ... 4#pid96620
It's a habit you'll need to develop ... always checking in the vertical (Rear View). Especially if you're on the R1 server in MP, where many pilots have built stations either above or below the galactic plane. Because when you click (either left or right), the nav map resets the Destination coordinates in only two planes. If your in the Top View, it sets the X-Z coordinates to whatever sector you clicked on. If your in the Rear View, it sets the X-Y coordinates.

Right-clicking just adds one other step: it zooms in on whatever sector is showing in the Destination windows.

My foolproof method (used a lot because I always build my stations "out of plane") it to left-click in Top View, switch to Rear View, left-click again, switch back to Top View ... then (and only then) right-click. It never fails.
Among others.
Lew_uk
Ensign
Ensign

A Nav Console issue

Post by Lew_uk »

hi all,
i also have a nav console issue as it wont zoom in when i right click on anything, it just stays at the default zoom i can zoom out ok and then back to the default but that is it, am i doing somthing wrong?
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

A Nav Console issue

Post by 49rTbird »

Hello Lew_uk, try left clicking on the area you want to zoom to then right clicking to zoom in. I sometimes have to do it more than once if I did not get close the area I wanted. Welcome to the forum and the Sim. Have fun and hope to see you out there sometime.:)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

A Nav Console issue

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Lew_uk, welcome to the game and forum. Hope to see you out there some time...It happens some time that you can not zoom in at the sector you want to zoom in to cause the sector is between empty sectors and your clicking on an emty sector in front, back, top, bottom, left or right blocking the sector in question. So sometimes flipping your map view and try clicking on the sector again and changing the options to highlight the objects or jumping to a sector closer might help the unblocking......;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Lew_uk
Ensign
Ensign

A Nav Console issue

Post by Lew_uk »

Thanks for the help will give it a go
Lew_uk
Ensign