IMG is offering free credits!!

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
XinCasa
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by XinCasa »

Hey crew! I just created a new Recon character, and before I started my 2nd IMG mission while docked at New Hope I bought a mining/tractor beam. After turning it on while still docked - oh my - I started mining oxg at $90/unit. My tiny cargo hold can hold only 25 units. At $2250 a cargo fill, I made $50k in ten minutes!! Is this intended or a game glitch?
Self-interest rules. Nothing is ever as it seems cuz no 2 people see the same thing the same way. Reality is illusion, and objectivity is void. Self-interest rules absolutely.
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Post by SeeJay »

If you're docked on a planet, there is oxygen to "mine"!;)

You can mine all kinds of stuff out there. Oxygen pays rather bad compared to other stuff,
but it's good in the beginning to get start of cash flow.

Mine just about everywhere and see what you get on board.

You can expand your cargo bays up to 5 pieces that can hold 25 units each,
depending on your ship and config.

Have fun!;)
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Avenger
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Avenger »

50k in 10 minutes, hehe.

Wait till you start trading hardware and make something like 1.000.000.000 in 10 minutes. ;)
Galaxy Defense Force Operator
Join the GDF!
XinCasa
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by XinCasa »

From post: 105801, Topic: tid=7506, author=Avenger wrote:50k in 10 minutes, hehe.

Wait till you start trading hardware and make something like 1.000.000.000 in 10 minutes. ;)
WOW! And you're a Lieutenant! I can't wait. How long have you been flying Evochron Avenger?
Self-interest rules. Nothing is ever as it seems cuz no 2 people see the same thing the same way. Reality is illusion, and objectivity is void. Self-interest rules absolutely.
Ravenfeeder
Commander
Commander

Post by Ravenfeeder »

I wouldn't think it possible to make 1bn in 10 mins, in an hour, yes. Some exaggerate the amount they make on a run. They take the total made when selling trade goods, rather than the profit. The most profit I make is 92m a run - not to be sneezed at.

On a planet, if you leave the city, and settle on the ground, you can mine lots of goodies. To settle, just leave the city and switch your IDS off. You'll get a warning, ignore it, and mine away.
Image And mad cat
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:o But, after you've filled your cargo hold, save. Save. Save. And then be very careful when you take off.
Avenger
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Avenger »

1 run takes a less then a minute, so 92m x 11 = 1.1 billion and some change.
Join the GDF!
Ravenfeeder
Commander
Commander

Post by Ravenfeeder »

Takes me a bit more than a minute a run. I trade, normally, on only two items. The station, normally only holds one of each, though, I did once strike lucky and get 3 of one item, and one of the other, in one hit.

As normally, there is only one of each, sometimes none, that entails a jump out of sector, and back in, usually three jumps to fill up the cargo bay, and, I fill up the missile slots with FTs. Then there is a further two jumps, to get to my destination selling system. Once within the system I have a jump next to my selling station, and then a manual trip to the station itself. The reason I don't jump direct to the selling station is that 9 times of 10 there's a bloody great roid stuck right in front of me.

Then there's another 3 jumps back to the buying station. All of which takes more than 1 minute. Plus, of course, the inter pilot gossip... whoops... I mean the exchange of tactical information between pilots! :)
Image And mad cat
Avenger
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Avenger »

You trade in a different area then me, I don't go into asteroid infested area's.
I only need 2 quick jumps to get in system, then an additional jump directly in the sell station.

Ok, it's not garranteed 1 billion but pretty close to it most of the time.
And I jump really fast as well since I know exactly where everything is that I need.
Join the GDF!