Middle mouse button problem. *FIXED*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Izii Helfari
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Izii Helfari »

I've yet to find a solution for this, and it's a rather humiliating problem for myself. I have use for the Middle Mouse Button, or Mouse Button 3 as my computer reads it, in my Ventrilo voice chat server.

I haven't yet found a way to stop the middle mouse button from selecting options in menus. Example would be in the main menu I went to give a quick answer to a pal about this game, and it acted as if I had clicked the Exit button, since my mouse cursor was near it when I pressed the middle mouse button.

Same happens all around, I accidentally bought useless things in single-player when in the dock when I just went to just press the middle mouse button for a moment to speak.

This isn't game breaking, but is there a way to make this game just ignore the Mouse Button 3? Any help's appreciated. I've already tried opening .dat files and the .evo, and I've tried binding it in-game to something useless. Nothing's worked. Once again, any help's appreciated.

[Edited on 5-30-2011 by Vice]
Ravenfeeder
Commander
Commander

Post by Ravenfeeder »

You know that ME has clan chat incorporated into it? Just press the "." key on your numberpad.

Can't you reassign, or disable the middle mouse button control, in Ventrilo?
Image And mad cat
Izii Helfari
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Izii Helfari »

Re-assignment is a no-go, I can't do it. Bad enough I already work this with every other game I've played, such as the Battlefield series, Modern Warfare, and Star Trek Online, to name a few that I've worked around this problem in.

Ventrilo's useage of the Mouse Button 3 is there to stay, this isn't a huge issue, just a line for help if anyone's got an idea on how to make a rather minor issue no longer an issue.

Thanks all the same.
Ravenfeeder
Commander
Commander

Post by Ravenfeeder »

Sorry, no more suggestions. One of the players, with more experience of this sort of problem will probably be along to give a better answer to your problem.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, and the game. Hope to see you flying around in MP.
Image And mad cat
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Izii Helfari, welcome to the game and forum. I think you have to reasign the original asigned mouse 3 button of Evochron Mercenary in the games mouse control settings. I think you might have a minor conflict of button asignment between Ventrilo and the games mouse settings.....Hope this helps.;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Some form of selectable or fixed button limitation may be needed. Enough players wanted to use a wide range of button signals for clicking options that the game basically accepts any lower button input for clicking on menu options. Send me a quick e-mail reminder (what I often use for my to-do list) and I'll plan on checking into input limitation options.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Ok, the next test build will include a bypass for mouse buttons 3 and higher while in menus. If things stay on track, it should be available for testing by the end of the week.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Post by 49rTbird »

Hello Izii Helfari, fast service don't you think? :) Welcome to the forum and the Sim. Have fun and hope to see you out there sometime.:)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Izii Helfari
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Izii Helfari »

No worries, and thanks for the overwhelming responses. It's just a small quirk that I'm just putting up with for now.

All in all, the game's great and I've managed to get two other friends to buy copies of it. Well worth spending some time having fun on, at least for the exploration. Something that's always lured me into sandbox style games, or in this case vacuum-box, is being able to find all manner of secrets.

But! Yes, thanks again, I'll keep peeking in here when work allows me to.