Question about Player Stations

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
sebastian_thor
Ensign
Ensign

Post by sebastian_thor »

Hello!
I got Evochron Mercenary about a week ago and already I'm hooked! It seems the best parts from all the space sims I've played have been combined into the one game.

I do have a few questions regarding the economy - sorry if these are all answered in a glaringly obvious guide somewhere that I've managed to miss!

If I build a trade station, do I get sent credits from it every now and then (as in, profits from sales of items)?

In the players guide, it says Research Stations increase the level of technology in a given area, Energy stations help local energy and navy factions, and Ore processors take raw materials from nearby trade stations and help boost local inventories.
Are the words I've italicized above referring to trade stations only in the same sector, or the whole system?

Would there be a reason to NOT build a Research Station, Energy Station and Ore Processor in the vicinity of a Trade Station you build? Assuming these help NPC Trade Stations as well, would there be any reason to NOT build them within the vicinity of any (or every) trade station and planet?

Regarding Energy stations, the players guide says "Energy stations help support the local energy and navy factions by producing critical energy related items such as power cells, batteries, solar arrays, and direct capital ship refueling." Does building them in vicinity of a trade station do anything to the stations inventory, or do they do something else entirely(I'm pretty sure you can't dock with them)?

Something that has always fascinated me about space sim games is the economies, and before I go building stations I want to make sure I know what I'm doing. Any help on the above, or any pointers on what's good to build and where (and why) would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Nerevar_X
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Nerevar_X »

Unfortunately, the game manual and all of that is extremely terse and poor in information about most of your questions. You did the right thing posting this in the forum since I have found the answers I often need in the forums here.

I built a station by that hidden planet in Pearl system and it's swarmed with uber-strong enemy ships even though my ship kicks butt (top of the line everything). I haven't noticed getting anymore for anything and I have no control over anything.

It's almost just like making a "NPC vendor" spawn.
After seeing this, and the random NPCs (hostile) swarming around my station trying to blow me up, I came to realize the game is mostly just randomly generated traffic. It did not appear to me that any NPC ships was doing any "chores" or trade-runs, but instead, just randomly flying around randomly.

I wouldn't be surprised if you build a Research Station near a Trade station, there is some kind of formula that goes into effect like "If Research Station Built in sector xxxx, then Give +50 chance in Tradestation(s) in sector xxxx for XYZ items to spawn in inventory"

Believe me, I'm not complaining. If I wanted a real complex trade/station building game I'd play X2 or X3 but I think those games suck and the simplified way of Evochron is better. Too bad just can't make changes to station and make money.

I think in multiplayer though, if you build a station you can control things.
Avenger
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Avenger »

Only clans get payed from system control, and system control can be acheived by running contracts for the clan, each contract raises control % by 1 per clan member running the contract.
After it's above 80% you get payed in cycles and you can reduce control decay by building stations in the system.
If you also raise the tech level and material availability you increase the trade potential and therefor you can trade expensive equipment and materials from your system to other systems and increase your wealth.

This can only be acheived by playing online on a dedicated server.
Galaxy Defense Force Operator
Join the GDF!
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Sebastian_thor, welcome to the game and forum. Hope to see you out there some time....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Nerevar_X, welcome to the game and forum. Hope to see you out there some time....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Post by 49rTbird »

Hello sebastian_thor, you can join a Clan or start one of your own if that suites you. Welcome to the forum and the Sim. Have fun and hope to see you out there sometime.:)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Post by SeeJay »

Welcome to a great sim.

Hope to see ya out there!;)
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-