Multiple USB controler

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Succellus
Ensign
Ensign

Multiple USB controler

Post by Succellus »

Doers evochron accept multiple USB controler ?
Example i got a joy+throttle = 1 USB (recognized as 1), but the rudders are another USB = 2 USB controler.

I know ot a space sim yet that accept 2 usb diferent controllers, this one accept it ?
Avenger
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Multiple USB controler

Post by Avenger »

I had a lot of issues with my stick, throttle quadrant and rudder pedels in this game.
Eventually I unplugged the throttle quadrant and the rudder pedels so I was able to use the stick.
Galaxy Defense Force Operator
Join the GDF!
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Multiple USB controler

Post by Vice »

The game supports up to 10 simultaneous control devices. What some new players miss are the options to select which control device they want to use when binding axis and buttons functions. Check out the instructions for details. In short, you'll want to use the arrows at the top of the 'Configure Controls' menu to select each device as you map inputs.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Avenger
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Multiple USB controler

Post by Avenger »

That's what I did, I used the arrows, I read the instructions yet my CH products kept overriding my stick.
Even now after I configured my stick and I plug in my Throttle Quadrant and Pedels to play IL2 1946 and forget to unplug em when I boot up EM it's messed up.

No idea how that is even possible since the stick is already configured in EM.
Join the GDF!
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Multiple USB controler

Post by Vice »

That's what I did, I used the arrows, I read the instructions yet my CH products kept overriding my stick.
Even now after I configured my stick and I plug in my Throttle Quadrant and Pedels to play IL2 1946 and forget to unplug em when I boot up EM it's messed up.

No idea how that is even possible since the stick is already configured in EM.
CH products seem to 'override' device assignments (the ID's/position's Windows uses to list and recognize them). So if you bind one way, then unplug/plug various devices in, it can change the order of the devices, impacting your control bindings. Plenty of players use CH devices to play the game, some even mixing and matching different brands, so it should be possible to use whatever default configuration you want. If you still run into problems, I'd likely just need a detailed description of what it is you are trying to do and where you're running into problems. A screenshot of your axis/button mapping screens and a before-and-after screenshot of the device list in Windows would also help.
StarWraith 3D Games
Avenger
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Multiple USB controler

Post by Avenger »

Well, this is just too funny since your post about the order of devices in windows made sense to me.

So I plugged the 2 CH devices back in, my stick was on the bottom so it's device #3 in the list.

Then I hit some option for my stick stating, "Use this device for older programs" and I boot up EM and my stick worked.
All the input and button bindings still the same, I didn't even changed anything in the settings.

No idea if that option in windows did the trick but I am not complaining, now I can play EM and IL2 1946 without unplugging and plugging in them 2 CH devices. :cool:
Join the GDF!
Succellus
Ensign
Ensign

Multiple USB controler

Post by Succellus »

I am trying to play the demo but each time i enter the flight training the ship keep turning down left at full speed.
I zeroed any config of my TM Hotas Warthog and Saitek pedals but to no aval.
Nor unplugged them solved the issue.
I have track IR but havent put it to work.

Syndrom is like a stick fully deflected up and left. The games enter and it happens.:(
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Multiple USB controler

Post by Vice »

Check your in-game axis bindings and make sure you select the desired control devices in the Options menu. Something is returning the signals to the game to make it do that, so you just need to find out which device it is.
StarWraith 3D Games