fly-by-view stays locked (French keyboard)

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Lhetre
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Lhetre »

Hello everyone,
I play Evochron Mercenary on a French keyboard (layout here) and the "\\" key, which should activate the fly-by-view mode is the alternate "6" key (AltGr+6).

Actually the mode seems to be activated by the "*" key, near the "Enter" key on the keyboard linked above.

My problem is that once in this mode there is no way out of it. First I can see my ship from outside, then the view comes back to the cockpit, but it is locked on a target. If I switch the target, the screen follows the next target and I can't watch straight in front. How can I go back to the normal view ? :mad:
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Post by 49rTbird »

Hello Lhetre, the V key has about 4 or 5 different views it shows you so as Eclipse said cycle through them until you are back to the main view. This includes two hud views of which one does not have as much showing on the screen. Welcome to the forum and the Sim. Have fun and hope to see you out there sometime.:)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Lhetre, welcome to the game and forum. Hope to see you out there some time....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Lhetre
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Lhetre »

Well, I already tried the V key (I should have said it, I know) I actually tried all the keyboard with no success : I can't do anything but restart the game.

The solution is easy for the moment : avoid touching the "*" key :D

Here is another question : switching views with the "H" key is not memorised, once you leave a station the view is back to full mode, is it voluntary ?
I would like to suppress the redundant information on the HUD using the "H" touch, but in doing this the asteroids are no longer marked on the HUD, I can no longer see how far they are. So the "H" key seems pretty useless. Am I doing something wrong ?

[Edited on 3-27-2011 by Lhetre]
Ravenfeeder
Commander
Commander

Post by Ravenfeeder »

You need the full hud to see the distances to various objects. I have no idea what you call redundant information - everything shown on the hud display is relevant, imho.

Bon chance!
Image And mad cat
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: You can delete some of the info by modding the HUD.
Lhetre
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Lhetre »

Ravenfeeder, I meant that this information is already shown in the lower part of the cockpit :) maybe I could follow Marvin's advice and ... try a cockpit mod already available, I fear I'm not a good programmer

nice people in this forum (and articulate !) :cool: