Runtime Error 3002 *FIXED!*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
EpsilonELM
Ensign
Ensign

Post by EpsilonELM »

"Could Not Load Sound at Line 64357"

So, bought the game after seeing stunning gameplay and replayability, and was really sad to see that this continuiously popped up after multiple reinstalls, a system defrag, and 180 gigs of cleaning up later.

It only appears either the second I create a pilot profile, or about one second into loading a profile. I've yet to be able to even play :(

The computer is not that old, some quick specs being two ATi 5970's, 3.4ghz intel 975 quad core, Titanium Soundblaster Onboard Audio Card. I bought it off a friend for about 2k

I can't insert a pic of my msinfo32 so I'll post some of it.

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00gb
Total Phys Mem 5.99gb
Available Phys Mem 1.71gb
Total Virtual Mem 12.0gb
Available Virtual Mem 5.25 GB
Page File Space 5.99
Page File C:\\pagefile.sys

x64-based PC
Intel Core i7 CPU 975 @3.33ghz
SMBIOS Version 2.5

email is [removed] or [removed]

I'll attatch my SysInfo if you need it/catch notice of this thread, I tried to upload it but it's a tad to big :S

EDIT: Forgot to mention I got the most recent version and I purchased at Impulse

FINAL EDIT: We fixed it! Thanks to the fantastic efforts of Vice and trying nearly everything in the book from hours-long anti-virus scans and removing memory sticks, it seemed to be Impulse (what I was using it for) had some sort of limited access that was inhibiting the game. Simply playing it from the download given on the main site and running it as administrator fixed it, a mind-boggling simple fix to a very frustrating issue. I'd like to thank everyone for the nice welcome and Vice for the fantastic support. After logging some hours offline, I'll see you all online! :cool: w/aviator glasses

[Edited on 3-27-2011 by EpsilonELM]

[Edited on 3-27-2011 by Vice]

[Edited on 3-28-2011 by EpsilonELM]
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Not sure what the cause for this might be yet, but the game is reporting that it was not allowed to load the required sound into memory. It could indicate blocked memory resources or a problem with sound devices/drivers. With 6 GB of ram installed and only 1.71 GB of it available, that could indicate something else running in the background blocking resources the game needs. If you'd like me to review your system for possible causes, follow the steps here: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmercenary/faq.htm#8
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
EpsilonELM
Ensign
Ensign

Post by EpsilonELM »

Thanks! I sent an email with the System Info to

Chrome wasn't loading the hyperlink, so that's what I got from the script and I assume it's correct.

EDIT: So I closed a ton of useless, memory draining programs (who knew I had so many?) and got my Available Memory up to 4GB, almost double what I had. To no avail, I encountered the same error. Not really sure what else it could be, to be honest.

[Edited on 3-27-2011 by EpsilonELM]

[Edited on 3-27-2011 by Vice]
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Post by 49rTbird »

Hello EpsilonELM, Hope all gets fixed soon. Welcome to the forum and the Sim. Have fun and hope to see you out there sometime.:)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi EpsilonELM, welcome to the game and forum. Hopefully you find a solution to your problem so we can start seeing you out there soon.;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good