3D Gaming Videocard Question

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Cowpux
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Cowpux »

Hi,

I am thinking of buying this game. It looks like the answer to all of the emptiness in my life! LOL I downloaded the demo and the graphics looked like I was playing it on a Commodire 64. I know something must be wrong because the screenshots and youtube videos are mind blowing!

1. Is the demo a graphically scaled down version hence I have nothing to worry about if I buy it?

2. I have an NVIDIA GTX 260 with an AMD Quad Core Phenom 4 850 Black Edition. My operating system is Vista running in 64 bit. When I ran the demo, my 3d glasses and display did not activate automatically like they do for my other games. Again is it the demo or do I need to tweak something?

Thanks and I hope to be a buyer!
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

When asking such questions, always be sure to include which game you are referring to. 'This game' could mean anything, including a non-SW3DG game. You also need to clarify and qualify your subjective statements so the readers understand what it is you're referring to.

1 - The demos present the same graphics (and graphics options) as the full games. Although the demo limits your location range, so many of the places you see in screenshots and videos are only available in the full game.

2 - What '3d glasses' are you using? TrackIR? If so, just update the software with the latest game list. EM is still a pretty new game and doesn't come with the default game list of the old software for TrackIR.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Cowpux, welcome to the game and forum. Hope to see you out there once you get the game which ever one it may be...I only have Renegades, Legends and Mercenary....LOL...;):P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Cowpux
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Cowpux »

Hi Maarschalk and thank you for the warm welcome.

Vice, I realized what my problem for the Evochron Mercenary demo was and I set my screen resolution to the max number. The graphics are fine and what a game! The 3D video hardware I am using is the NVIDIA 3D system that uses glasses. It is the same technology that is being used on 3D TVs. Any game that starts in Direct X it starts automatically. Is it possible the the demo is running in windowed mode? If so is there a way to run it in non-windowed mode? Regardless, I am going to play the demo and probably buy this game. It is awesome! But it would be nice if I could get it to work with my 3D gaming system.
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Post by SeeJay »

Hi and welcome Cowpux.

Hope you get it working. It ROCKS!

See ya out there in MP i hope.;)
\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Is it possible the the demo is running in windowed mode? If so is there a way to run it in non-windowed mode?
Yes, in the Options menu switch to one of the 'Locked (FS)' modes, then exit and restart the game.
StarWraith 3D Games
Wardog
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Wardog »

HELLO Y'll,...

Vice, this / is 4 u....whats the answer ref 3D glasses...I also have the Nvidia 3D system, does the game support it?

Tks
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

I don't have 3D glasses to test with and iirc, I've received mixed reports on it working with some setups and not others. Best way to find out would be to test the game with what you're using. The game does provide both windowed and full screen modes to test with.
StarWraith 3D Games
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Wardog, welcome to the game and forum. Hope to see you out there some time....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Wardog
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Wardog »

Ok tks Vice.......Maarschalk, gotta practice....a lot....before venturing into outer space....see ya
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Post by 49rTbird »

Hello Wardog, Welcome to the forum and the Sim. Have fun and hope to see you out there sometime.:)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!