Controller Setup Problems - CH Hardware *FIXED*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
allardjd
Ensign
Ensign

Post by allardjd »

I have successfully downloaded and installed Evochron Mercenary from your site without problems, but am having some issues with the controls setup. I'm an active MS Flight Simulator user and have the CH Flight Yoke (5 axes), Rudder Pedals (2 axes) and 6-lever throttle quadrant (6 axes) on my system.

E-M only seems to see my six-lever quadrant, none of the other devices (rudder pedals, yoke). When I try to assign the axes in E-M, the first three bars are controlled by the first three levers of the 6-lever quadrant and it seems to be hard wired – nothing I can figure out to do will change those assignments.

The fourth lever on the quadrant moves both the 4th and 7th bars of the hardware setup screen in parallel (that’s weird), and the 5th and 6th levers correspond to the 5th and 6th axes.

The 8th, 9th and 10th axes don’t respond to anything I have; I can’t seem to use the yoke, the three levers on that, nor the pedals.

So, I have five axes behaving OK, but not necessarily assigned as I'd like; two that are moved in parallel by a single lever; and three more that don’t respond to anything I have connected.

I don't want to have to disconnect my flight sim hardware any time that I use E-M - I hope that is not necessary.

I have an XP system with specifications that are roughly equal to your "Recommended" levels of hardware.

I also have the TrackIR5 connected to the system but have not gone to any actual game play screens yet, so don't know if that is going to work OK or not.

I would appreciate any help you could provide. I'm very interested in E-M and my son-in-law is apparently beta testing for you. If this can be resolved I'll definitely purchase the full version.

Many thanks,

John Allard

[Edited on 3-22-2011 by allardjd]

[Edited on 5-30-2011 by Vice]
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Allardjd, welcome to the forum and hopefully the game in the future. For Track IR to work make sure to update the games list in the tracking software to include Evochron Mercenary. As to individually asign the axis to the CH Flight yoke and equipment I do not know. I use an X52 Saitek. And the asignments I use are all I need. I think you can choose not to asign any axis in the game but use the programming software of your controllers if any to asign the axis you want to use....;)
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
allardjd
Ensign
Ensign

Post by allardjd »

...make sure to update the games list in the tracking software to include Evochron Mercenary.
Thanks. Just did that and E-M now appears in the list under the "Titles" tab in the TrackIR software. That's a future problem averted. Still need a silver bullet to sort out these controllers.

[Edited on 3-22-2011 by allardjd]
BraveHart
Captain
Captain

Post by BraveHart »

"Welcome Aboard allardjd"...Sorry I can't help you with your controller set up, but I wanted to welcome you.... hang in there someone will come along and have an answer for you ;)
StarWolves Clan
Wing Commander [SW] BraveHart
Hellfire Squadron
Motto:\"When All Hell Breaks Loose!! Unleash the Wolves of War and We will Rain Hell Fire on All of Our Enemies\"

Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

When you are testing and binding your control axis, make sure to use the device arrows at the top of the configuration screen to switch devices. Then when you bind axis channels, make sure the device you need is selected, then bind the axis.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
allardjd
Ensign
Ensign

Post by allardjd »

That was a big help - thanks. Had overlooked the buttons for cycling between controllers. Still some odd things going on but have axes set to usable things and am going back to the training screens.

Your help is very much appreciated. I suspect I'll be back for more.