Triple Head help. *FIXED*

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Buddah
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Buddah »

I am setting up an my triple head setup for evochron. I have been trying to get the game to recognize the software that I am using and failing miserably. I have read several times that Evochron Mercenary is able to do triple head but I can't seem to find out how this is done. I am currently using SoftTH and I have been able to get it to run with X3: Terran Conflict, but I would really rather be playing Evochron Merenary. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

[Edited on 5-30-2011 by Vice]
Buddah
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Buddah »

Ok, time for some clarification here. I have been able to figure out how to manually change the resolution and force 4160x1024. The problem that I am running into is that when I a do get the game to run at this resolution the entire screen gets squished between the leftmost display and the center display. What does display is very obviously the correct resolution, but it is compressed and in the wrong place. Any ideas would be very welcome.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Are you using 2 Graphics Card in Crossfire or SLI mode? If so does your graphic cards come with multiple display setup program where you can setup the order and resolutions and settings of multiple displays?
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Buddah
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Buddah »

I am using two 9800 gtx+ in sli. The two side displays are running 1280x1024 and the center display is running 1600x1024. The center display and the leftmost display are both on the main video card and the rightmost display is running on the secondary card. I have tried changing the order of the displays, but I haven't tried changing the main display. I just realized this as I am typing and I think I will give this a shot. Any other ideas are welcome.
Buddah
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Buddah »

well, that kind of worked. I was able to get a compressed image to display on my center screen, however, it still is not covering all of the displays.

I am using SofTH and getting triple head at 4160x1024 in X3: Reunion, X3: Terran Conflict and Oblivion. I would really like to get Evochron running as it is the superior game.:D
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

It may be an issue with SofTH, although I'm not sure. 4160X1024 is not a supported internal resolution, but you can try to use it by changing the resolution line in the sw.cfg file to 4160X1024 (make sure to include the capital X). You can also add the -forceres flag to the desktop shortcut to attempt to force the game to activate the resolution. If not, then try a more common triple head resolution like 3840X1024.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Buddah
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Buddah »

capital X? oh man, something is going to get broken if that is what I have been doing wrong. :D
Buddah
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Buddah »

Success!!!! I have finally got everything working. Turns out there was a SoftTH setting that I hadn't messed with, but now everything is working great! Thanks everyone for your help and ideas!

Buddah
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Buddah »

Here are copies of my config files just in case someone else needs some assistance with this. I think the problem was with the keepComposition line or smoothing in the SoftTH config.

SoftTH.cfg

[main]
renderResolution=4160x1024
nonlocalFormat=RGB16D
keepComposition=0
smoothing=0
debugD3D=0
zClear=0
vsync=0
tripleBuffer=0
screenshotFormat=jpg
dllPathD3D9=auto
dllPathDXGI=auto
dllPathD3D11=auto

[overrides]
forceResolution=0
antialiasing=0
processAffinity=0
FOVForceHorizontal=0
FOVForceVertical=0

[head_primary]
sourceRect=1280,0,1600,1024
screenMode=1600x1024

[head_1]
; Autodetected as \\\\.\\DISPLAY1 at NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+
devID=1
sourceRect=0,0,1280,1024
transportResolution=1280x1024
transportMethod=auto
noSync=0

[head_2]
; Autodetected as \\\\.\\DISPLAY3 at NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+
devID=2
sourceRect=2880,0,1280,1024
transportResolution=1280x1024
transportMethod=auto
noSync=0

SW.cfg

4160X1024
32-bit
On
On
Arc
Joystick
High
Off
On
On
High
On2
High
Ultra
Off
MouseOffset=0
TextRes=2048

Please note: I have not changed the resolutions to take into account for the edges of the monitors.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Nice work. Glad you got it working....;):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good