Cannot get Joystick to work

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Nubarus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Nubarus »

Hello all,

I have some problems setting up my Saitek Cyborg Evo in the game.

In Windows the stick is detected, working and calibrated but the game setup does not respond to any of my stick input.

I also tried renaming Device 1 but still no go.

What can I do to make it work?
Nubarus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Nubarus »

From post: 100649, Topic: tid=7190, author=Eclipse wrote:There are buttons on the top of the config screens that look like <<< and >>> that let you switch between installed controllers. It sounds like your Cyborg is not the first game controller in Windows and you need to tell the game what to use.
An alternative is to remove any other device that Windows considers a game controller, then setup the joystick.
I forgot to mention this in my initial post, I did remove my other devices already.
My Cyborg is the only device listed as a game controller now, still no cookie.

I have unplugged both the CH Throttle Quadrant and my CH Rudder peddels.
Nubarus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Nubarus »

Yeah, all the settings are selected, now I got one step further though.

I selected in Windows instead of Default Joystick to Saitek Cyborg Evo with a pull down menu.

The game now does see the device, I can use the buttons, however the stick input does not respond in the game.
Nubarus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Nubarus »

Well, I managed to get my stick to work but it came with a very anoying and to me a weird problem.

Now I am unable to allocate energy to my weapons with the [ and ] keys anymore. It is configured, I see that the game wants to allocate the setting but it keeps popping back to default 0 0.

I am at loss on this one since (as far as I could see) no link between the stick input settings and the energy allocation keys.
Nubarus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Nubarus »

From post: 100658, Topic: tid=7190, author=Eclipse wrote:You set an axis for energy control, this overrides any keyboard usage.
Yes, I figured that out as well, but now all is working correctly.

I am very happy now that I am able to use my trusty stick again.

Thx.