Runtime Error 10 Upon Trying to Begin A New Game

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
wicked.fable
Ensign
Ensign

Post by wicked.fable »

Hello all,

I have been wanting to try Arvoch Conflict for some time and finally decided to give it a go and see how it played. The install of the game went fine and the game launches just as it should. However, when I try to actually begin playing by going to the tutorial or trying to start a new campaign, the game goes to the load screen and, after about half-way through the load, an error message comes up. The error it gives is "Runtime Error 10".

If it helps, I tried out Evochron Mercenary and that runs just fine all the way through to actual gameplay. But I tried out Star Wraith IV: Reviction and that game gives me the same error as Arvoch Conflict when I try to begin a new campaign.

Here is my system information:

Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3
Intel Core 2 Duo T72000 2.0GHz
2GB RAM
nVidia GeForce Go 7600 256MB
DirectX 9.0c

I appreciate any and all help you fine folks can provide with this problem.

Thank you!
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Post by 49rTbird »

Hello wicked.fable, Good luck on getting those to work as they are fun. Welcome to the forum and the Sim. Have fun and hope to see you out there sometime.:)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi wicked.fable, welcome to the game and forum. Hope you get it to work. I never played StarWraith IV nor Arvoch Conflict and do not know what the resource requirements are.....try the game settings all on the lowest settings and see if that works......;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
wicked.fable
Ensign
Ensign

Post by wicked.fable »

Thanks for the replies and welcomes, everyone! I hope to be able to get out there and play with you all in the near future.

So, I have tried two things really. One is Eclipse's recommendation of turning off all background programs. I only really have three things I keep constantly running no matter what I am doing which is my antivirus, a screenshot program, and a volume control application. I turned those off and still had the same problem. I do not think memory is an issue, however, as I have played many other games, new and old, without that be a problem.

The second thing I tried was in conjunction with the first attempt to get the game going. I put all the graphics setting down to the bare minimum and still could not get it to go.

However, I did notice something very strange and it is that I can actually go into instant action and play Arvoch Conflict. I cannot, however, start the tutorial or start a new campaign. The only thing that works is instant action. So, I am thinking there must be something in those two other modes that is causing some trouble for my computer to run.

This really puzzles me as Evochron Merenary, the newest game by StarWraith runs completely fine, but Arvoch Conflict and even Star Wraith IV: Reviction, older games, seems to be giving me issues.