Cant join multiplayer...Evochron funktioniert nicht mehr

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
JOHIsaac
Ensign
Ensign

Post by JOHIsaac »

Everytime I try to join multiplayer I get a error message that Evochron is no longer working. 6 of 10 times it is at about 99% of loading somtimes before. I can see who is online by right clicking the server.

System is:
Viste 64
NVidia 470

Is there a log I can take a look into it to find out what might be the problem?

Best regards,
Isa
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Follow these steps:

1 - Try reducing the 'Planet Detail' setting to 'Low', then test again. If the problem persists, proceed to step 2.
2 - E-mail me the reference ID for your license (starwraith.com > contact) and I'll confirm your key hasn't been invalidated. If the problem persists, proceed to step 3.
3 - Check to make sure your system has sufficient memory available for the game (start > run/search > type in MSINFO32 and press enter > system summary > available physical memory). If the problem persists, proceed to step 4.
4 - Save the NFO file generated by the MSINFO32 program and e-mail it to me for review (starwraith.com > contact).
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
JOHIsaac
Ensign
Ensign

Post by JOHIsaac »

reducing planets to low didnt helped, I send you my refid from impulse. As said in the mail I downloaded the newer version from your server because impulse didnt update. Could this be the problem?

Best regards,
Isa
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Nah, probably not, Impulse should be running the latest official build also. It could just be that the system is running out of memory right when the scene is trying to render. Can be common if it's lean on memory. How much available physical memory is listed in MSINFO?
StarWraith 3D Games
JOHIsaac
Ensign
Ensign

Post by JOHIsaac »

Installed pyhsical memory 4 gig available 2.61 gig available virtual memory 6.17 gig

I can play the game in solo without any problems. Only if I join multiplayer it crash.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Could be something else you have running in the background that is intefering with the game. A few players have run into problems with other software restricting packets, blocking them, or otherwise interfering with resources the game needs. The msinfo report may provide a possible cause.
StarWraith 3D Games