MP Shipyard = disconnect

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Riddley
Ensign
Ensign

MP Shipyard = disconnect

Post by Riddley »

Hello, I recently purchased Mercenary and have been enjoying the Remula One server. However, if I spend any significant amount of time in a shipyard online, I get disconnected. I've already opened the necessary ports, which fixed random disconnects outside the shipyard. Having to do ship mods offline really breaks the multiplayer flow so I'm curious if there's anything I can do to fix this? Thanks!
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

MP Shipyard = disconnect

Post by MMaggio »

Actually I would be glad to report that it is a problem w/the server but it's not.
More than likely it is your IP. I hope you can res9olve it.
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

MP Shipyard = disconnect

Post by Vice »

You'll just need to make sure your system sends and receives UDP packets reliably. When you are in the shipyard, the game defaults to a lower update rate for sending packets. For connections that are intermittent or otherwise low quality, this can be a problem if your system fails to send or receive packets for up to about 10-12 seconds. Those status packets needs to be delivered and received or you'll be disconnected. Make sure nothing else is using up your bandwidth in the background, don't use a wireless routed connection, and make sure your connection speed meets the minimum requirements.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

MP Shipyard = disconnect

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Riddley, welcome to the forum....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats: