Mercenary demo CTD while loading.

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Jarvis
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Jarvis »

I've done the usual driver update dance, and I have over 3 gigs free ram and over 100 gigs free drive space. I aint running out of resources, in fact I can get the thing to run in a vmware system but its not really playable that way.

I cannot access the options menu, the game never gets there. Oh and I'm on a 64 bit system, msinfo32 doesnt exist ;)

It seems to be crashing just before the intro movie starts. What codec is this movie in? Thats the next thing on my list. And is there a commandline switch or something I can toss in the cfg file to skip it?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Might be something blocking the memory rather than using it up. What other programs are you running in the background? The intro video is just Windows Media, WMV. You can use the attached file to bypass it completely. However, if your system is having trouble even making it that far, it's likely going to run into other problems. MSINFO32 exists on 64-bit operating systems as well.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
BraveHart
Captain
Captain

Post by BraveHart »

"Welcome Aboard Jarvis"...I hope you get EM working soon :)
StarWolves Clan
Wing Commander [SW] BraveHart
Hellfire Squadron
Motto:\"When All Hell Breaks Loose!! Unleash the Wolves of War and We will Rain Hell Fire on All of Our Enemies\"

Jarvis
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Jarvis »

The file you put up seems to have done the job, but now I'm even more confused. I still see the intro to the game with that file in place. When I remove it the game crashes. Not sure exactly what gets disabled but whatever it is did the trick!

I've cut background programs down to nothing, just my essentials. I'm running a 3 ghz phenom 2 and a radeon HD 5775. The game runs smoothly even with all options cranked to max. It looked amazing when I hit F2 while facing directly at the asteroid I was mining :D
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Post by 49rTbird »

Hello Jarvis, (lol F2) Welcome to the forum and the Sim. See you out there sometime.:)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

That file just bypasses the video, you still get to see in the intro logo and 'Evochron Mercenary' graphics since those are just rendered with the game engine.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Jarvis. Welcome to the game and forum....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats: