big bad bridge commander

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).
Von Paulus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

big bad bridge commander

Post by Von Paulus »

At least with me...
You see, last week, was Gothic 4 and this week Fallout: New Vegas. While it was more easy to resist to Gothic 4, due to the bad reviews, I'm resisting the need to play other games, thanks to Evochron. And I'm in the beginning.
There's a great probability to resist until Deus Ex 3, Dragon Age 2 and SoW:BoB launches. If so I won't buy more games this year.
Thanks Vice. My wife thanks you. :cool:

P.S. It won't resist to Deus Ex 3. That's impossible. In spite they are doing all the possible to dumb down the legacy. Regeneration health and cover system... aarrrgggghhhhhh!
Anyway it's only 30 hours of gameplay, so they say. I'll comeback.
BraveHart
Captain
Captain

big bad bridge commander

Post by BraveHart »

"Yeah I liked Dragon Age:Origins and Mass Effect 2 and look forward to sequels...would download the add on stuff but have as yet to hook up xbox360...no hurry though...as for the 'ol lady, well I traded her in for a shinny new space ship years ago...LoL" :D
StarWolves Clan
Wing Commander [SW] BraveHart
Hellfire Squadron
Motto:\"When All Hell Breaks Loose!! Unleash the Wolves of War and We will Rain Hell Fire on All of Our Enemies\"

Von Paulus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

big bad bridge commander

Post by Von Paulus »

Braveheart, I hope you aren't one of those who played ME2 but didn't play the first.
About the DLC, so far, I've only enjoyed the last two from ME2. The last one will be important to ME3, I think.
That should have been in the game, and not as a DLC.
BraveHart
Captain
Captain

big bad bridge commander

Post by BraveHart »

"I did play the 1st Mass Effect and I did enjoy bringing forth the characters to play ME2...That was Awesome! and I am looking forward to ME3...I know what you mean the DLC should have been included"...;)
StarWolves Clan
Wing Commander [SW] BraveHart
Hellfire Squadron
Motto:\"When All Hell Breaks Loose!! Unleash the Wolves of War and We will Rain Hell Fire on All of Our Enemies\"

MindYerBeak
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

big bad bridge commander

Post by MindYerBeak »

DAO was okay, but it lacked spaceships, so I lost interest. I always wait for the player reviews at Gamespot. Thanks to them I didn't buy Civ 5, since it proved a dud.
Mr. MindYerBeak, at your service
warsign
Captain
Captain

big bad bridge commander

Post by warsign »

Yes really is... Actually over the past 2 years Evochron series saved me to search a worthy "space simulation" game and game is getting exciting every release!
warsign
Captain
Captain

big bad bridge commander

Post by warsign »

Originally posted by Eclipse
....I just bought 3DS MAX 2011 just for modding Evochron so my savings just disappeared...
Whoa! ????
You really did this?
warsign
Captain
Captain

big bad bridge commander

Post by warsign »

Whenever you want man.I believe you'll learn it very quickly, actually I am sure about that...

I 'll upgrade to 2011 soon, but I need spare time for upgrading procedure...
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

big bad bridge commander

Post by Marvin »

3DS Max has changed a lot since the 3.1 I used to use for making ST:BC models.
:cool: Ahhh ... I probably owe you a belated thanks. I modded that game to the hilt.
nebogloee
Ensign
Ensign

big bad bridge commander

Post by nebogloee »

ST:BC is one of my favs - lost my CD a while ago and can't bring myself so spend 50$ for another on ebay. I did get a copy of The Precursors and the translation patch (originally russian) but few sidequests and no cut scene subs made it difficult to get immersed.

Civ 5 was total dud - the hex/1upt AI is horrible. I'll shelve it for 6 months then check out the mods.

Anybody play mount and blade: warband? Its charming, from an independent game house, and an active mod scene. I use shoot voice recognition (open source!) for commanding my troops - very immersive. I use shoot for evochron as well - never have to touch the keyboard now!

You know Darkstar One was released for the 360? Yeah neither did anybody else :)
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

big bad bridge commander

Post by Marvin »

Originally posted by nebogloee

You know Darkstar One was released for the 360?
:o Did the 360 version get rid of that terrible anti-copying program?
nebogloee
Ensign
Ensign

big bad bridge commander

Post by nebogloee »

yeah - I hear they replaced with the new and improved "need to buy a 400$ console to play a bad game copy protection."
They should have learned from infinity - the best space games are vaporware.

Except for evochron, bridge commander, elite, and frontier. . . .

edit - oops, almost forgot iwar1/2 and the big bad freespace2 SCP (which is where a large part of the oss space sim developers hang out - the Babylon project being their greatest hit)

[Edited on 10-20-2010 by nebogloee]
Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

big bad bridge commander

Post by Ohsirus »

Originally posted by nebogloee
yeah - I hear they replaced with the new and improved "need to buy a 400$ console to play a bad game copy protection."
They should have learned from infinity - the best space games are vaporware.

Except for evochron, bridge commander, elite, and frontier. . . .

edit - oops, almost forgot iwar1/2 and the big bad freespace2 SCP (which is where a large part of the oss space sim developers hang out - the Babylon project being their greatest hit)

[Edited on 10-20-2010 by nebogloee]
WoW, no Freelancer? In my mind the best of all in the genre.
nebogloee
Ensign
Ensign

big bad bridge commander

Post by nebogloee »

Yeah - freelancer, I wanted to like the game - but hate flying my ship with a mouse. . .
nebogloee
Ensign
Ensign

big bad bridge commander

Post by nebogloee »

GTK but I think I missed the train on that one - evochron is my sim now :) - Iwar is truly fantastic (pseudo newtonian!)
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

big bad bridge commander

Post by MMaggio »

Doesn't anyone ever play MS' sister game, "StarLancer"? I think it's awesome. Vice plays it & he made Admiral, not an easy rask.
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

big bad bridge commander

Post by Marvin »

Most controllers now come with software that lets you mimic mouse axes with the controller.
:o Hmmmm ... if I could do that, I might decide to take an unopened copy of Battlestations Pacific and finally install it.
Von Paulus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

big bad bridge commander

Post by Von Paulus »

I just bought 3DS MAX 2011 just for modding Evochron so my savings just disappeared...
Now, that's expensive.
Daedalao
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

big bad bridge commander

Post by Daedalao »

Eclipse, you need to bring that SA-43 into the evochron universe... what the heck mate :P