Opera Browser

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Opera Browser

Post by 49rTbird »

Does anyone use Opera as their browser and if so is it any good?:o
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
axisAdamWest
Ensign
Ensign

Opera Browser

Post by axisAdamWest »

I use opera pretty much exclusively. super fast and wonderful. I only use ie for some sites that use idiotic activex. crazy amount of features right out of the vanilla install aswell and extremely modable. the best jerry, the best!
Originally posted by Eclipse
I used to use Opera years ago, but haven't tried it recently.
I stopped using it because it didn't conform to the standards and a lot of the sites I went to didn't display properly.
he-he. when was that? 2002? sites used to write broken html to look correct in internetexplorer, not really a concern anymore I'm sure. apart from sites that use activex as I said there's pretty much nothing that doesn't work perfect with opera
Daedalao
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Opera Browser

Post by Daedalao »

Yeah, I'm with ^ I prefer opera it makes it so much easier imo. May not be super fast with google maps, but it's actually pretty sweet. Also, the install base is smaller than ie, firefox, chrome or safari... which, not to say makes it safer, but it's less noticed :)
axisAdamWest
Ensign
Ensign

Opera Browser

Post by axisAdamWest »

oh also the opera guys are really open to suggestions for new features or tweaks. they regularly add additional options based on forum feedback. I was personally responsible for bringing back the clickable tabs again (click to minimize, really nice for switching fast between a couple of tabs if you have a ton of tabs open and don't want to scroll or 1,2 key through the whole list to go between them each time), my proudest achievement! hehe
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Opera Browser

Post by 49rTbird »

For some reason it opened this forum in 3 tabs this morning (lol) not sure yet but will test.:D
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!