X Superbox

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).
MindYerBeak
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

X Superbox

Post by MindYerBeak »

The X Series space sims was released in Europe on 8 Oct under the name of X Superbox. For the price of a single game you get all the X series plus loads of freebies. With Christmas just around the corner it would make for an ideal Xmas present. X Superbox contains all of the X-series games from X - Beyond the Frontier all the way to the latest version of X3: Terran Conflict.

Also featured in the Superbox is a 300-page X Encyclopedia. The X games contained in the Superbox are compatible with Windows XP (SP2), Windows Vista (SP1) and Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit) and are DRM free.

All the games are fully patched and contain player hints and tips and game mods.

you're getting 5 games, a bonus disc, and a massive 300 page book X Encyclopedia plus a wall poster.

All games are compatible with Windows XP (SP2+), Windows Vista (SP1+) and Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit) and
feature no DRM.

The X Superbox:

X: Beyond the Frontier
X-TENSION
X2: The Threat
X3: Reunion
X3: Terran Conflict

Superbox BONUS DVD:

Many scripts and mods for X2: The Threat, X3: Reunion and X3: Terran Conflict
"Plugin Manager" helps with installation and management of mods and scripts.
MP3 Soundtrack
Guides, walkthroughs and tutorials for beginners and advanced players alike.
Artwork, fan-stories, screenshots, music and videos created by the community.
Official Concept Art Collection.
Many game-modding tools.
And much more…

[Edited on 10-9-2010 by MindYerBeak]
Mr. MindYerBeak, at your service
matthewfarmery
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

X Superbox

Post by matthewfarmery »

the games were good, but apart from Xbtf and maybe TC, the games are too samly, Xbtf for the story, and TC for the empire building, as the story for X reunion isnt that good and is more of the same,, X2 is a good game, but many would probably be put off from the old graphics, overall, I don't really think the whole box is that good, not if you already played at least one game in the series, if you haven't, then the above mentioned two games, you should probably play otherwise I wouldn't bother, that that is my opinion
MindYerBeak
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

X Superbox

Post by MindYerBeak »

I have X3TC. The reason I purchased it was for a chrissy pressy for a family member. As you say the graphics are outdated and I'd prefer Everchron for graphics.
Cybertrash
Ensign
Ensign

X Superbox

Post by Cybertrash »

Originally posted by MindYerBeak
I have X3TC. The reason I purchased it was for a chrissy pressy for a family member. As you say the graphics are outdated and I'd prefer Everchron for graphics.
X3TC graphics outdated? Surely you jest? In my opinion, X3TC is one of the best looking space games out there: screenshot.
MindYerBeak
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

X Superbox

Post by MindYerBeak »

I played it when it first hit the streets. My graphics card wasn't up to it back then. I wonder how it would look on todays graphics card, especially in SLI mode? I may dig out my disc and have a gander. How do you get your FPS up on screen?
Von Paulus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

X Superbox

Post by Von Paulus »

With a program called Fraps. Or if you've a ATI graphic card, you can use RadeonPro to display it.