Patching

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Puffs
Ensign
Ensign

Patching

Post by Puffs »

I bought the game through Impulse. Likely would not have found it otherwise, so thank you Starwraith & Impulse.

Are there plans to have Impulse push the patches through the client, or do I need to patch manually? (I must say client is very convenient)

Also, where do the patches typically exist, and how/when do the "test" patches officially become full releases? Where is the info usually disseminated? Here on the board or is there a link on the main site?

Thanks,
P
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Patching

Post by verbosity »

usually you download the full game .exe file and run it, it works as an updater without removing your personal files ( pilot profile etc) , test versions are posted here in the forum, new versions are posted here ( first) and in the newsletter ( and on twitter).

I'm not sure if impulse pushes updates you you can use the method described above without any issues on a impulse install IIRC.
verbsleagues.co.uk sw3dg web stats systems
uaithne.com eco-living project
rulerofzu.com free fantasy mmorpg
jesterscup.com webby stuffies
SDWeimer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Patching

Post by SDWeimer »

I found with evochron legends whenever there was an official patch it would be posted on the site and when you logged into impulse it would update the program, i stopped using the impulse download though because there were mods that i wanted and they were not able to be used in the game. Decided this time to go with the developer knowing what the product is. Impulse helped me find this game and i appreciate them for it.
Clan [Universal Explorers]
[UE]SDWeimer
Legend---Fleet Admiral<-Legends
Legend---Fleet Admiral<-Mercernary
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Patching

Post by Marvin »

Originally posted by SDWeimer

... i stopped using the impulse download though because there were mods that i wanted and they were not able to be used in the game.
Weimer, please confirm: Does that mean Impulse won't let you mod the game at all?
SDWeimer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Patching

Post by SDWeimer »

with legends i could not get the mods to work by placing them in the install directory. it was when i used the downloader from the starwraith site and my referece id, and key i was able to use them. edit it does work it seems, could have been doing it wrong.

[Edited on 10-4-2010 by SDWeimer]
[UE]SDWeimer
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Patching

Post by Marvin »

:o Thanks. I've heard similar complaints about buying other games via Impulse. It can really hurt when a game gets to the point where mods become as much a part of the game as the original game itself ... and you can't use 'em.
SDWeimer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Patching

Post by SDWeimer »

i edited my last post apparently to slow I got it to work with impulse version. I could have done it wrong the first time i tried. Keep in mind that i have two verisons of legends installed and could be linking to the older one.
[UE]SDWeimer
TorTorden
Ensign
Ensign

Patching

Post by TorTorden »

Waking up an old thread here. Since I also got this through impulse, wich doesn't seem to have the 488 update (at least not yet)

Tried downloading directly from here but I seem to get maybe 15KB\\s from the server and when it does finish the installer is corupted.

Anyone have a mirror or perhaps a Torrent link I can use ?

The reason I'm certain this isn't a problem on my end is I'm connected on a 60\\60 FIOS pipe and this is the first time I have had a problem with file corruption since my modem days :\\

Then again this isn't huge problem the game plays fine with the occasional ctd, wouldn't consider it a big problem after I figured out how to save :P

[Edited on 7-7-2011 by TorTorden]

[Edited on 7-7-2011 by TorTorden]
Ravenfeeder
Commander
Commander

Patching

Post by Ravenfeeder »

Saving is easy; Alt F9.
Image And mad cat
TorTorden
Ensign
Ensign

Patching

Post by TorTorden »

Gave the download a final go, was still slow as molasses but this time no corruption so install went fine.
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Patching

Post by 49rTbird »

Hello TorTorden, Welcome to the forum and the Sim. Have fun and hope to see you in "Multi-Player" sometime. :)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!