X52 users, please help!

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Werewolf486
Ensign
Ensign

X52 users, please help!

Post by Werewolf486 »

So I just DL'd the demo and I'm trying to get my x52 (non-pro) to work with it. I went into profile editor and came up with a set up I can use. It's not working...

I used the testing window and nothing is happening in it when I use my controls, nothing I click is working. In game I can fly around but again nothing other than stick, rudder, and throttle is working. I know I'm missing something here....I just don't know what it would be. I really want to join the rest of you and enjoy some fun, but until I get this x52 to work I'm not going to pay for the game.

I really would appreciate the help! Walk me through what you do to create and test, give me some idea's, please please help!

Thank you!
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

X52 users, please help!

Post by 49rTbird »

Hello Werewolf486, I can't do profiles for my X52 so I select the joy stick control option in the game and let it decide what does what. You can set up the main x52 axis in the joy stick control section ingame and then go to the other control panel to assign secondary controls for your x52 buttons that are normally done by the keyboard. Welcome to the forum and the Sim. Have fun and hope to see you out there sometime.:)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Werewolf486
Ensign
Ensign

X52 users, please help!

Post by Werewolf486 »

Ok I'll give it a shot. I guess you do not have the Profile controls running for the x52?

Wish this would get fixed!

[Edited on 9-18-2010 by Werewolf486]
Bossk
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

X52 users, please help!

Post by Bossk »

Hi and welcome to the game and forum.

I use an X52 and use a combination of both the in game config and a custom profile. Let me know if you are interested and I can U2U/email the details and profile.

You need to make sure you are using the latest profile tool (v 6.6.6.9) and drivers.

Bossk
Werewolf486
Ensign
Ensign

X52 users, please help!

Post by Werewolf486 »

Ok so I tried the earlier suggestion, ugh! Less than what I was hoping for. If Bossk is telling me that he has gotten the software to work in game for a profile I would rather do that. The way it is now I can't even get my trigger to fire guns, it has to be on the hat switch!

Bossk, I would appreciate any and all help you can give me on this. See I can create the profile for the x52 and save it, load it fine and it shows as the current profile, but I can't use the test window an get a response from the X52, everything I click on the keyboard and mouse registers in the window though, so I think I must be missing something!

I am very interested in your help!
Bossk
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

X52 users, please help!

Post by Bossk »

Not a problem. If you U2U me your email address, I will send the profile and details of what settings in the game I have my stick set to. This profile works for both EM and EL.

Bossk
Werewolf486
Ensign
Ensign

X52 users, please help!

Post by Werewolf486 »

Ok so for the 3rd time I uninstalled, rebooted, then reinstalled the SST software and now all is well! I have the profile set, everything is working the best it can for someone who never played Evochron.

Again I REALLY appreciate the help!
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

X52 users, please help!

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Werewolf486, welcome to the game and forum....hope to see you out there some time....Glad you got your X52 to work I have one to. I got a similar problem some time ago after I had been using it for over a year without major problems. But that was because of the PS2 cable going bad...so I thought it might have been a bad PS2 cable....it seems it is a comon problem with the X52 but the cable is easy and cheap to replace....:P

[Edited on 9-19-2010 by Maarschalk]
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Sinbad
Commander
Commander

X52 users, please help!

Post by Sinbad »

ok, I've had my x52 running fine with Mercenary until last night when suddenly all controls from the Saitek profile stopped responding. The in-game profile controls were ok but not from the Saitek software. Furthermore, none of the keyboard controls were working, not even to use the in-game messaging. I could exit and then I could use the keyboard to write messages, but only when I was in exit status. When I closed down the game windows was showing a message along the lines of "Direct Output for Windows not functioning". I tried re-starting my computer and launched the game again. This solved the problem but only temporarily... before long I had the same situation again. I re-booted again with the same results. Then my computer crashed saying something about checking if some software was properly installed and crash dumping files.

I'll try re-installing the Saitek software + drivers. But I was wondering if this is a problem with Saitek or is there a problem of compatibility with Evochron Mercenary?

My specs:

Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion laptop
Intel Core 2 CPU T5500 1.66 GHz
2 GB RAM
Windows Vista Service Pack 2 32-bit
NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 Driver 179.91

Universe Explorers Clan
[UE]Sinbad
Clan Leader

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. - Carl Sagan
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

X52 users, please help!

Post by MMaggio »

First I ever heard of it ?:o
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
Dengar
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

X52 users, please help!

Post by Dengar »

MCCON, My x52 is still working fine as is Bossks. Need help or a profile?

\"Cry Havoc! and let slip the dogs of war\"

BA TeamSpeak Details
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

X52 users, please help!

Post by Maarschalk »

Yes, my X52 is working fine in Mercenary. Make sure you do not have your curser blinking in the nav console in the coordinates destination input. Make sure you enter all coordinates. I forget some times that I was in puttting coordinates for a jump point and did not enter the last diget and then I get no response from Keyboard or my X52 Stick. Hope this helps.....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good