Error 190

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Lord Kharn
Ensign
Ensign

Error 190

Post by Lord Kharn »

Well I downloaded the game before and it never gave me this problem. I have recently reset my computer to factory default due to instability from my tinkering. I have an Alienware and so I downloaded the workaround program. I did have it working for a few moments but it would always crash while loading the universe (error a9, or a8, a10), holy crap this person I work with won't shut up. I think I'm going to stab her. I really want too...

So anyways I deleted the original file and did a system registry clean. Redownloaded the workaround version of Evochron Legends, and now im getting an Error 190 as soon as it starts up. Any suggestions? Oh and its not my anti-virus. I shut that off.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Error 190

Post by Marvin »

Originally posted by Lord Kharn

holy crap this person I work with won't shut up. I think I'm going to stab her.
:cool: Oh, good ... by daughter finally got a job. Don't stab her, though. She's a good cook.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Error 190

Post by Maarschalk »

Yes, I think there was a post from Vice about the issue with Alien Ware......not running EL.....;)
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Error 190

Post by Vice »

Error 190 is unrelated, it indicates the game could just not load a file it needs. I'd suggest checking the installation conditions. Was the game installed to the default folder and a different location? Is there a savedata file in the install folder pointing to a different location?
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Lord Kharn
Ensign
Ensign

Error 190

Post by Lord Kharn »

No the only file in the folder is the EvochronLegends.exe
I even took out the setup.ini file that they suggested.
I'm going to try some more troubleshooting steps right now, I'll edit this post if I find out anything.

Another bit of information. Earlier last night before I deleted it for a fresh install, I was getting a crash during "Universe Building". It was saying Error a8, Error a9, ect, ect. Not sure what that was about. I'm going to reinstall using my Impulse client, then replace the evochronlegends.exe from the install location, with my new "Alienware approved one".

And Marvin I would hate to waste a good cook. I shall halt all stabby procedures until she is of no further use for you Heh heh.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Error 190

Post by Vice »

Couple of other steps to try while troubleshooting:

- Install the game using the default destination folder.

- Right click on the game's desktop icon, then click on 'Run as administrator'.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Lord Kharn
Ensign
Ensign

Error 190

Post by Lord Kharn »

Well I reinstalled using Impulse and I immediately noticed that there were more files than before. So I suppose the first two times in installed using Impulse it just didn't download all the files for some reason. I suspect it has something to do with my extremely slow internet (21kbs). But at any rate, I replaced the Alienware supported version with the original and deactivated my McAfee Firewall and ran it. Error again. Looked at McAfee and it was running some sort of REAL TIME scanner. So I turned that off, and POOF it works. Unfortunately now I have run around looking for all the hidden stuff again so I can RE-LOG it into my saved locations database LOL.

Verdict: It was a multitude of Issues that could not have been resolved without troubleshooting and the help of YOU GUYS! Thanks Vice!

[Edited on 21-8-2010 by Lord Kharn]