? about the G940 controller....

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).
tk7223
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by tk7223 »

Ok...so I am really liking what I see about this FFB g940 set. I've watched a few online reviews, read the specs on several sites, ect....
BUT....no where does it mention if the joystick does a twist axis. I am very used to all my current controllers having this and wonder if anyone owns this set can comment on if the g940 has it or not? Thanks!;)

[Edited on 8-19-2010 by tk7223]
Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ohsirus »

Originally posted by tk7223
Ok...so I am really liking what I see about this FFB g940 set. I've watched a few online reviews, read the specs on several sites, ect....
BUT....no where does it mention if the joystick does a twist axis. I am very used to all my current controllers having this and wonder if anyone owns this set can comment on if the g940 has it or not? Thanks!;)

No Twist. I had gotten used to having one also, but now I prefer the pedals. It really is a nice joystick, Check out the logitech forums to find all the lil nuances some people have though. Some people complain about the reversal bug, Lack of trim indents, etc. It's not perfect, but I still think it was the best thing available for me. I don't have any major complaints, just remember to strap that boy down.

[Edited on 8-19-2010 by Ohsirus]
tk7223
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by tk7223 »

No Twist. I had gotten used to having one also, but now I prefer the pedals. It really is a nice joystick, Check out the logitech forums to find all the lil nuances some people have though. Some people complain about the reversal bug, Lack of trim indents, etc. It's not perfect, but I still think it was the best thing available for me. I don't have any major complaints, just remember to strap that boy down.

[Edited on 8-19-2010 by Ohsirus]
Thanks Ohsirus :)

My cockpit controls are bolted down...it won't move if I get it :P Not sure if I will now or not since it has no joy/twist. Still FFB would be nice to add to my cockpit.

Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ohsirus »

I was leary also, but it's such a good joystick I don't miss it. The pedals are so sweet I enjoy using them for rolls, it really adds to the immersion. It really cheapened my X-52, couldn't imagine going back to a toy.
tk7223
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by tk7223 »

I have the CH pro set up at my desk pc...with the pedals..and I dont like it. I end up using my Sidewinder 2 FFB instead because I like the twist better than the foot pedals...so I am not going to jump into a this $270 settup just yet. I need some time to ponder the wisdom of making that change....
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

LOL.....no twist action will make me ponder to if I can not get my X52 fixed....:P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ohsirus »

You could map twist to the throttle rotter (located on your left thub). If I wasn't using the pedals I would. I honestly don't miss twist, would seem kind of hard to twist and fight the centering forces.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

OK, my problem is fixed no need for another controller with out twist action.....LOL....:P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
axisAdamWest
Ensign
Ensign

Post by axisAdamWest »

I was looking towards this thing as a future upgrade for my flightsim'ing, got a x52 hotas now. but it seems like logitech are phasing them out or something. at least here in norway the g940 is pretty much nowhere to be found anymore. maybe they're going to relaunch an upgraded version in the future or something? like with g25 wheels to g27 and so on. anyone know about this?

although the thrustmaster warthog hotas is looking interesting aswell. especially with dcs a-10c beta being available for preorders. but I really want those g940 pedals
Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ohsirus »

I have one and try and stay abreast on it. Its a long term product for Logitech and there are no plans for an upgraded force feedback joystick. It currently has no competition and the market for it is small. I love it for Joystick simming, haven't used it for months though due to I'm stuck flying the heavies again.

Yeah I do miss the pedals like them way more than my Saitek.