CH Products Multi Function Panel anyone have?

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).
tk7223
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by tk7223 »

Originally posted by Ohsirus
Crappy MimoMonitors just gave me a refund for my USB monitor minus the restocking fee, cause quote " it was determined non-defective". Bullcrappy product, zero support forums, and archaic instal method. It worked for me also, Video= good, touch screen=registered input , but not where you touched and no calibration could fix!! Lost about 65 dollars in the whole ordeal. :(
Sorry to hear about that...I hate when people still profit off of a bad product. :(
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

To bad, yes, sorry to hear......:(:(:(:(:(;)
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
tk7223
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by tk7223 »

Ok...my first work up of blank Evochron based MFD...those using the Thrustmaster MFD system may find it useful..
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/yS ... directlink

BTW--the graphic style is taken directly from graphics from this website, and are Vice's design and my adaption. ;)

[Edited on 9-4-2010 by tk7223]
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Classy. But no labels?
tk7223
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by tk7223 »

Originally posted by Marvin
:cool: Classy. But no labels?
No labels...This way people can insert their own preference of command layout simply by adding the text on the buttons.

Plus-some folks will want a specific color for backlighting or regular ambient lighting.
tk7223
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by tk7223 »

Just in case anyone Plays Mechwarrior and wants a template for the MFD premade: I present my empty template(all my own design, nothing copied).

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/JH ... directlink
Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ohsirus »

Originally posted by tk7223
Ok...my first work up of blank Evochron based MFD...those using the Thrustmaster MFD system may find it useful..
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/yS ... directlink

BTW--the graphic style is taken directly from graphics from this website, and are Vice's design and my adaption. ;)

[Edited on 9-4-2010 by tk7223]
Cool layout. You're like me, stick with the black background and white letters. Just fnished my lomac2 profile, wish it was like my VRS superbug and supported the MFPs in-game :(
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Yes, definetly cool.......;):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

soulsacrifice
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by soulsacrifice »

Originally posted by Ohsirus
Crappy MimoMonitors just gave me a refund for my USB monitor minus the restocking fee, cause quote " it was determined non-defective". Bullcrappy product, zero support forums, and archaic instal method. It worked for me also, Video= good, touch screen=registered input , but not where you touched and no calibration could fix!! Lost about 65 dollars in the whole ordeal. :(
I'd forgot where I had read about touchbuddy but it was from you. Thanks, it's going to be great once I get my monitor. Bought it from ebay about a week and a half ago but still waiting to test it because the courier didn't leave a card. When I do get it up and running i'll post here in case anyone else wants to know how it works/give it a try for themselves. I imagine it is going to work really well though. How's the setup you've got now? any photos?
Profile Share Thread (Links RE-fixed)
Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ohsirus »

Touchbuddy is neat, you can test it out on your primary monitor to see what it's capable of. My problem was my Mimo monitor's touch input (either driver or Hardware) and all the crazy conditions you had to do in orde to get it up and running. Hindsight I should have just ordered a small sub-14 inch vga touchscreen monitor, but I was trying to avoid all the extra cables. Since I got my MFPs, I've lost interest in touchbuddy, but I'm still looking at sub-monitors for my glass cockpit.
soulsacrifice
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by soulsacrifice »

Yeah, I spent a few days making one (it's in my 'profile share' thread) and i've tested it using my netbook. I should be getting it tomorrow, it's an 8 inch vga monitor.
Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ohsirus »

Weird, I just picked up a netbook to use as a secondary gauge panel (fsx) Dell mini 10. Sits real pretty on my Yoke.
soulsacrifice
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by soulsacrifice »

Well my touchscreen arrived today. Here it is:

It works pretty well too, I already have all controls set on the x52p but it's good to have them all up on the touchscreen as well because you don't have to think about what button to press. I think it looks pretty neat too.

Plus there are quite a few other games I have it will be really useful for (the il2 profile on the tb forums is amazing).
warsign
Captain
Captain

Post by warsign »

Originally posted by soulsacrifice
Well my touchscreen arrived today. Here it is:
Big one or smaller one :P:P:P:P

Yes, looks really good!!! Thanks for pictures...
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Cooooooool, thanks for sharing. LOL, Warsign.....you need glasses...?.......:P:P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

tk7223
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by tk7223 »

Ok..here are some links to my Re-designed cockpit...very much in progress and ugly atm...
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/u9 ... directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Pv ... directlink

Keyboard/mouse tray is in 'use' position..and does roll up under the dash to enter/exit cockpit. Also, you can see the backlighting on under the tinted plexiglass displays as I haven't reinstalled installed the graphic overlays. I do have the overhead display wired and the fans working, but the lighting is disabled until I complete the rework on the tinted panels. One day..(sigh) I will have this complete.
soulsacrifice
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by soulsacrifice »

That looks awesome! I'm totally jealous of the x52 built into the arm chair rests, looks really comfy but I don't have space for that! It all looks pretty cool. I have just one question.....

is the big button middle the eject button? :)

[Edited on 9-7-2010 by soulsacrifice]
tk7223
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by tk7223 »

Originally posted by soulsacrifice
That looks awesome! I'm totally jealous of the x52 built into the arm chair rests, looks really comfy but I don't have space for that! It all looks pretty cool. I have just one question.....

is the big button middle the eject button? :)

[Edited on 9-7-2010 by soulsacrifice]
Thanks! Actually it's my re-wired volume control for my speakers, I just do not have the "acoustic dampner" control graphics installed around it yet. :cool:
Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ohsirus »

Nice WIP, so what are your thoughts on the touch screen? Do taps register accurately? What brand is it? I'm still looking for one for my rig.
tk7223
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by tk7223 »

also..while not as cool as a real touch screen, you can buy a touch overlay for much cheaper. Basically, its a screen overlay that adds touch screen input, but you only need to calibrate it on a monitor..after that you could mount it on any flat surface.
Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ohsirus »

Just ordered my Lilliput 10.4" Fa1046 VGA/DVI touch screen. I thought about a touch screen overlay, they have some really cheap for netbooks.
Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ohsirus »

Got my Lilliput monitor in today and I love it! Soo much better than that crappy Mimo. The touchscreen is responsive, easily installed. The Colors are sharp and blacks are black. It fits perfectly on my Yoke. My lil cubby pit is coming together, just need the rest of my Saitek Panels to start work.