CH Products Multi Function Panel anyone have?

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).
tk7223
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by tk7223 »

Play tested the Cougar MFD with EL. No issues at all, configured ingame with no 3rd party software needed. I didn't spend alot of time testing, maybe 30min total. (SIGH) One day I will be able to retire and move from part-time gamer to full time LOL.:P
Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ohsirus »

Cool, no need for 3rd party apps, I'm still waiting on mine to arrive. I went ahead and got joy2key ready for it. Once I move going to get my simpit up and running, got all the gear just need the real estate :(

[Edited on 8-16-2010 by Ohsirus]
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Nice........;):P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
tk7223
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by tk7223 »

I have seen some really nice settups on SIMPITS.com that use the small monitors mounted behind them, makes me drool. Beyond my funding atm. Also, none of the games I like have any MFD export mods that I can find, so it's kind of hard to make additional monitors work the way I would like.

The perfect sims would/should have mulitple monitor/view point support and support MFD extraction for pit builders. the X series and MW series would both be so much more awesome with those. I would have spent money on additional viewpoint monitors just for those two games.
Daedalao
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Daedalao »

Don't ask me why but I really want one of these... if only there were more warnings in the evochron universe

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/bip.html

and I guess some of these... good god...

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/fip.html

[Edited on 8-17-2010 by Daedalao]
Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ohsirus »

Originally posted by Daedalao
Don't ask me why but I really want one of these... if only there were more warnings in the evochron universe

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/bip.html

and I guess some of these... good god...

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/fip.html

[Edited on 8-17-2010 by Daedalao]

I thought about the Instrument panels also, thinking they were just mini LCDs. Seems easer to just mount a instrument panel monitor.
tk7223
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by tk7223 »

Originally posted by Eclipse
Mercenary exports data to a text file so it will be possible for a 3rd party software to make custom displays. The ultimate would be to have a game option to move the MFDs and radar to separate monitors, however I'm assuming that Vice's finances don't really allow him to buy the equipment needed to test making that game option.
That would be awesome, wish I new more than visual basic, I'd take a crack at it. :(
Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ohsirus »

Originally posted by Eclipse
Mercenary exports data to a text file so it will be possible for a 3rd party software to make custom displays. The ultimate would be to have a game option to move the MFDs and radar to separate monitors, however I'm assuming that Vice's finances don't really allow him to buy the equipment needed to test making that game option.
Does Mercenary export a LUA file?
Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ohsirus »

Originally posted by Ohsirus
Well, you just made me order the MIMO 10in touchscreen. I downloaded touchbuddy and played around with some of the profiles and watched/read a few more reviews and was hooked. Going to have to work on my Evo Mercenary template :)
Got My Mimo Monster in today and after 8 hours of troubleshooting I have put it back in the box and asked for a RMA number. Sooo not ready for prime-time, The calibration was quirky, top half was off and bottom half was 180 degrees off from where I was touching. Windows7 is not fully compatible and it arrived an egg container..Aghhh! Avoid USB monitors for now :(
Blackthorne
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Blackthorne »

Originally posted by Ohsirus
Got My Mimo Monster in today and after 8 hours of troubleshooting I have put it back in the box and asked for a RMA number. Sooo not ready for prime-time, The calibration was quirky, top half was off and bottom half was 180 degrees off from where I was touching. Windows7 is not fully compatible and it arrived an egg container..Aghhh! Avoid USB monitors for now :(

SCNR ;)

-Blackthorne
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
tk7223
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by tk7223 »

One day they will have an inexpensive touch screen display that works...but fer now I'll stick to my push buttons to satisfy my wallet controlled emersion hunger....:P
tk7223
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by tk7223 »

Yup...atm...I am penny pinching...but I always keep my eye out for barginbin tech upgrades fer my cockpit :)
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Originally posted by tk7223

One day they will have an inexpensive touch screen display that works...but fer now I'll stick to my push buttons to satisfy my wallet controlled emersion hunger....:P
:cool: When ST:Next Generation first came on the air, viewers were saying, "No way would anyone use those control panels ... touch screens lack tactile feedback!" The complaint was, of course, you could never operate a touch screen console when blindfolded ... or looking somewhere other than at the screen.

:o Nonetheless, touch screens have become the standard. But the complaint still has merit ... as evidenced by all the auto accidents attributed to drive-while-texting.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Yep, you are absulotely......Oooooops, I mean relatively right Marvin....LOL...:P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

tk7223
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by tk7223 »

Reworked my X3TC template for the Cougar MFD whilst I ate dinner...

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Q- ... directlink

I think I may work up a set for MechWarrior4 Mercs next...unless Vice decides to release EM before I get it done......:P
Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ohsirus »

Originally posted by tk7223
Reworked my X3TC template for the Cougar MFD whilst I ate dinner...

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Q- ... directlink

I think I may work up a set for MechWarrior4 Mercs next...unless Vice decides to release EM before I get it done......:P
Still waiting on mine to arrive, the guy waited a week before shipping :( Nice templates, what program u use and what are the dimension? Also what Fly-Sim was it made for?

[Edited on 8-23-2010 by Ohsirus]
tk7223
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by tk7223 »

I used MS paint to make these for x3 terran conflict. I print them on landscape scaled to 1 page size to get mine to the right dimensions. :)
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Nice, very cool........:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ohsirus »

Got my Thrustmaster MFDs in and TK was your plastic insert panels really scratched up?

Duhhh...stupid plastic shrink ..It's ok..mine are clear. Love the online panel maker.

[Edited on 8-26-2010 by Ohsirus]
Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ohsirus »

Black Shark Inserts for now. Will work on my EM template lata.

[Edited on 8-26-2010 by Ohsirus]
tk7223
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by tk7223 »

LOL...yea...those plastic shrink wrap covers fooled me for a second too..I'm hoping to get these mounted in my cockpit this weekend. Should help with the whole emersion factor.
Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ohsirus »

Noyt sure what u fly but I just picked up http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php? ... =0&thold=0 and all I can say is wow.
tk7223
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by tk7223 »

I do have Lockon:Modern Combat somewhere...but my flavor is more Scifi...Evochron, X3, Mechwarrior, Freespace2, and some MMORPG's...I just don't have enough time to play them all as much as I'd like :P
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Wow, LOL, very nice and cool......;):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ohsirus »

Crappy MimoMonitors just gave me a refund for my USB monitor minus the restocking fee, cause quote " it was determined non-defective". Bullcrappy product, zero support forums, and archaic instal method. It worked for me also, Video= good, touch screen=registered input , but not where you touched and no calibration could fix!! Lost about 65 dollars in the whole ordeal. :(