Need a new Joystick :(

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Actually, the buffeting is fairly realistic for a craft on the edge of a stall.
Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ohsirus »

So finally got my Logitech G940 up and running on Legends. Fairly painless, had some issues where the device IDs would rotate and throw my in-game keymappings off. Had to disable auto assign device IDs in Logitech Profiler.

Legends detected every Axis and even the two position trigger pulls. Nice! Had to download the ffenable.txt for force feedback. I also updated the joysticks firmware to the latest version.

The Joystick, compared to my X-52 feels more solid and a sturdier design. Doesn't remind me of a toy. The force feedback has some serious resistance at 100%, I toned it down to 50%. The max setting for FF is 150%. The trims are garbage, free rotating with no feel of their position.

The Throttle is as sturdy as the joystick with the same crappy trims. The lighted buttons can change from red/amber/green as long as the game supports it. FSX and BlackShark are two that I'm aware that have 3rd-party suppport. You can print out labels and place under the clear caps to ID buttons (cheesy).

The Pedals are really nice, I hate my Saitek pedals. Never felt comfortable with the spacing and the feel. These pedals are spaced just right, very smooth rotations, and the foot angle isn't as harsh as Saitek.

In EL the Force Feedback is hardly noticeable in most situations. I had my X360 controller to rumble on missile launches, cannon fires, afterburns, and counter measures. EL only sends FF on cannon shoots, incoming fire, and once you enter a planet it goes into some kind of "train track mode" , wish it would mimic FSX or Lockon.

I like the profiler better than Saitek's SST, lot easier to get up and running. Probably not as powerful, but it's more user friendly.

Overall I like it, but my biggest gripe is NO VIRTUAL MOUSE! Hopefully the next update will add it.
tk7223
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by tk7223 »

Do you have seperate USB connection for each controller, or do they chain together?
Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ohsirus »

Originally posted by tk7223
Do you have seperate USB connection for each controller, or do they chain together?
Unfortunately they chain together :( My Saitek gear does the same. I wanted to use my quadrant levers, but alas needed the yoke hooked up.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Thanks for your honest feed back, The question now is do you like it overal better then your X-52 or about the same?:)
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ohsirus »

Originally posted by Maarschalk
Thanks for your honest feed back, The question now is do you like it overal better then your X-52 or about the same?:)
I like it way better than my X-52, its a definite step up on quality. Now hopefully someone else can tell me how the Warthog is.
tk7223
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by tk7223 »

I may have to check this out then...I am not very happy with my X-52's long term durability...the mouse controller has a mind of it's own, even when disabled.