trying to install EL on kubuntu using wine

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).
ryuu
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ryuu »

i am trying to install EL on ubuntu using Wine, but i keep getting "error 5: access denied" when i go to start instaling, does anyone know why i'm getting this?
fixed it, was trying to install to the root of my hd instead of the virtual C drive that wine creates

[Edited on 7-28-2010 by ryuu]
the day has ended, the night is yet to come
light and darkness, opposite sides to the same coin, yet what may do not realize is that this coin holds a third side, a side not of either or the other, but of both, a side of twilight. when light and darkness destroy eachother, there is nothing left but twilight, yet aslong as one or the other exists twilight exists within it, that is both the power and weakness of twilight. i am Ryuu Hakumei, The twilight Dragon. The Dusk Has Come

part three of The Fire of Twilight now posted! http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5546
Ravenfeeder
Commander
Commander

Post by Ravenfeeder »

Try using whisky instead! :)
Image And mad cat
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Post by verbosity »

Originally posted by Ravenfeeder
Try using whisky instead! :)
doesn't work, but in fairness after a few attempts you don't really care anymore :P

Slainte !
verbsleagues.co.uk sw3dg web stats systems
uaithne.com eco-living project
rulerofzu.com free fantasy mmorpg
jesterscup.com webby stuffies
ryuu
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ryuu »

lol, got it working, but it crashed out and fecked up my resolution wjhile it was at it, so i think i'll try again later...
light and darkness, opposite sides to the same coin, yet what may do not realize is that this coin holds a third side, a side not of either or the other, but of both, a side of twilight. when light and darkness destroy eachother, there is nothing left but twilight, yet aslong as one or the other exists twilight exists within it, that is both the power and weakness of twilight. i am Ryuu Hakumei, The twilight Dragon. The Dusk Has Come

part three of The Fire of Twilight now posted! http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5546
ryuu
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ryuu »

i have the game starting, then crashing out, i'll try that patch when i get round to it

Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Have you tried Rum or Beer.....?....LOL..:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
tha_rami
Commander
Commander

Post by tha_rami »

Furthest I came, after a lot of modding, was the game loading up till just before gameplay. I do recall I actually got one of the original Starwraith games working sloppily in Wine, tho.
tha_rami - The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Vlambeer - Dutch indie game studio
Twitter - Weird news, life updates & game-related news
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

I did not know that a computer dunked in Wine could actually work even if it was sloppy.....but than again a drunk computer can be imagining things....LOL...:P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
GAlex
Ensign
Ensign

Post by GAlex »

i succeeded time ago, read this:

http://www.starwraith.com/forum/viewtop ... 1#pid71601

after updating to kubuntu 10.04 nothing changed, only slightly better loading times.
- \"Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas\" (Virgilio)