Predators - New Movie

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Predators - New Movie

Post by Vice »

Has anyone seen this movie yet? If so, what did you think?
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Predators - New Movie

Post by Maarschalk »

Not yet, saw preview of it on TV, seem to be based on the same kind of alien as in the Original Predator Movie with Arnold Swartzeneger.....looks interesting though....;):cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
tha_rami
Commander
Commander

Predators - New Movie

Post by tha_rami »

Mmm, didn't really catch my attention. It was good action, terrible plot, but in the end, you go to a predator movie for the tension, and I think it missed the point there. I think I'd score it a 6/10.

[Edited on 10-7-2010 by tha_rami]
tha_rami - The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Vlambeer - Dutch indie game studio
Twitter - Weird news, life updates & game-related news
Ravenfeeder
Commander
Commander

Predators - New Movie

Post by Ravenfeeder »

Just watched it - four letter description which describes brown and smelly. A group of people para into a planet, none with any military training. The main character is freefalling and doesn't have a clue how to stablise his body. They are dressed in a mixture of semi-military uniform to some geezer in a three piece civvy suit, plus someone in a discarded Gitmo Bay prisoner jumpsuit.

One of them, armed with a manheld mini gun, open fires on his colleagues, on full auto - no short service bursts here. That's the best part of it, the rest - yeuk!

It looks like a French movie designed for the Indonesian market, the low end of it.

Marks out of ten - zero!
Image And mad cat
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Predators - New Movie

Post by Maarschalk »

Relatively that bad...?......LOL.....:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
TheCalebB
Ensign
Ensign

Predators - New Movie

Post by TheCalebB »

It was "relatively" good. better than AvP and AvP 2
I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Night Fury

Predators - New Movie

Post by Night Fury »

Originally posted by Ravenfeeder
Just watched it - four letter description which describes brown and smelly. A group of people para into a planet, none with any military training. The main character is freefalling and doesn't have a clue how to stablise his body. They are dressed in a mixture of semi-military uniform to some geezer in a three piece civvy suit, plus someone in a discarded Gitmo Bay prisoner jumpsuit.

One of them, armed with a manheld mini gun, open fires on his colleagues, on full auto - no short service bursts here. That's the best part of it, the rest - yeuk!

It looks like a French movie designed for the Indonesian market, the low end of it.

Marks out of ten - zero!

Agreed!

Terrible compared to the original two movies.
tk7223
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Predators - New Movie

Post by tk7223 »

This movie is so low on my to watch list...that dispite my free ticket I still have not seen it. AvP pretty much ruined my desire for these movies. IMO Alien, Aliens, Alien Resurrection, & Predator are classics....Predator 2 was ok and made it to my Bluray collection @10$, but I wouldn't pay full price for it. I may get the AvP movies on Bluray if I find them for $10 also, otherwise they can rot on the store shelves. The only other movie series I have been more dissapointed in would be the remaking of the original Star Wars Trilogy--which will again be re-editted before bluray release(sigh).
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Predators - New Movie

Post by MMaggio »

My biggest complaint with the first Alien vs Predator was the human actors.
Here they were on a remote, frozen island with temps way below zero, running around, getting killed and NOT A SINGLE FROSTED BREATH from anyone, anywhere, at any time.:mad:
I know it's filmed on a studio lot but they shoulf have turned down the A/C !
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"