Universe data not matching host

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Zeus
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Zeus »

Hi all,

I'm Zeus and I am in the process of starting up a new server I am hosting called Olympus.

I have the server running and it shows up in the Multiplay list. The issue I am having is when I try to connect with my game pc, I see the server listed and get connected, but I get the following red error message as soon as I get the cockpit screen;

Universe data does not match host: disconnecting.

I have a decicated separate IP (public IP) for my server so I know it is not trying to use the save IP as the game PC.

I installed the latest download version of the client (and registered it) and I downloaded the server version and installed it.

I searched the forums (all sections) for "Universe data does not match" and I did not find any matches.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what may be the issue?

Thank you,

Zeus - Creator of Olympus - Home of the Gods
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Post by verbosity »

yup, make a copy of the universedata.txt file from either your client of the server and copy it over to the other, simply put they don't match and need to. this can happen a number of ways, either by changing or editing one of the files yourself ( sometimes this can happen by accident if you've been looking for secrets in there), or sometimes older versions of the game will have an older universe. in this case update both the server and client from the sw3d legends download page.
verbsleagues.co.uk sw3dg web stats systems
uaithne.com eco-living project
rulerofzu.com free fantasy mmorpg
jesterscup.com webby stuffies
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Like Verbosity says, The Universedata.txt files have to match. The one on the connecting computer has to be excactly the same as on the Server you are running.
You would get the same error if you mod or change the Universedata.txt file on your computer and then try to connect to a Server on the internet.....;)
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Zeus
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Zeus »

Thanks. I used the downloads from the site but I guess the server version is not the same as the client. I'll copy the client to the server and try again.

Thanks again,

Zeus

P.S. Will someone else try to connect to Olympus and let me know if it works for them?
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Remember, that if you modified the client version or your client version is different from the other Servers online no one will be able to connect to yours but you and players who have the same Universedata.txt file as you have on your Server.
All clients connecting to a Server must have the same Universedata.txt file as the Server....;)

[Edited on 6-15-2010 by Maarschalk]
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Zeus
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Zeus »

No I didn't mod the client or the server file, but I have found out what was wrong. It seems the server version has to be installed on the C: drive. I had it on an empty partition (my E drive) and even with the universedata.txt being the same I got the same error. Once I moved the server files to the c: drive, everything worked fine.

Thanks for the help and now we have another server running Evochron Legends ...

Olympus - Home of the Gods

Cya in Space,

Zeus
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Wonderfull and Awesome news, hope to visit the Olympus Server some time......;)
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats: