BBC iplayer: Blake\'s 7 and Doctor Who

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Post by verbosity »

Most of you may not know this series, but it's a classic sci-fi series.

It's currently being aired on the radio and it's available on the BBC's iplayer. Not only is the original story being re-produced, but there's some nice 'prequel' storylines going on too.

for those who might not be able to listen in ( though it should be available to all ), http://www.blakes7.com gives info and a point of sale, though sadly no ability to listen to anything.

the Iplayer also has the current weeks radio broadcast of Doctor Who. This is the eigth doctor played by Paul Mcgann. Although he didn't last long as a TV doctor ( only 1 story ) he's been doing radio shows as the doctor for several years now, and are well worth listening to to harken back to the classic days of Doctor who.

In addition to this Tom Baker is reading novelisations from his time as the doctor. this is usually every couple of months or so ( I'll post next time I see it ). And of course you can watch the latest episode of the new doctor who as well.

Disclaimer: While you should be able to watch/listen to most things on the Iplayer, on occasion publishing rights restrict viewing/listening to within the UK only.

The sci-fi scene may be sadly lacking at the moment on TV, but it's alive and kicking on radio.

[Edited on 6-4-2010 by verbosity]
verbsleagues.co.uk sw3dg web stats systems
uaithne.com eco-living project
rulerofzu.com free fantasy mmorpg
jesterscup.com webby stuffies
Ravenfeeder
Commander
Commander

Post by Ravenfeeder »

Bring back Jet Morgan and the Red Planet! :) I used to worship that as a kid, laying on the carpet with me ears cocked listening to it on the Gramophone, transmitted on Radio Luxemborg - brilliant!

Most of you are too young to even know what a gramophone was! :)
Image And mad cat
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Post by verbosity »

Originally posted by Ravenfeeder
Bring back Jet Morgan and the Red Planet! :) I used to worship that as a kid, laying on the carpet with me ears cocked listening to it on the Gramophone, transmitted on Radio Luxemborg - brilliant!
you know thats been on a few times, wait a couple of months and it'll be on again ;)
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: I have YouTube links to just about every sci-fi program to hit television ("the telly" to you guys, probably) since Captain Video. And, of course, there are links over at the SubClub to 30s episodes of most every comic book and sci-fi hero to grace the radio waves. But (for shame, Verb) it's almost blasphemy to post the name "Doctor Who" all in lower-case letters.

Yaaaaahhhh, Sheena!
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Post by verbosity »

Originally posted by Marvin
But (for shame, Verb) it's almost blasphemy to post the name "Doctor Who" all in lower-case letters.

Yaaaaahhhh, Sheena!
no, it's not when referencing anything that has been touched by Russell T. Davies ( I hates him.........)
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Post by MMaggio »

I remember, "Captian Video and his Space Rangers" !
Sheesh, that IS an oldier...
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: If you think it's old, go YouTube an episode and take a look at those "special effects" ... then you'll know.
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Post by MMaggio »

And don't forget the all-time classic, "Flash Gordon", the original series.
If you looked close, you could actually make out the strings holding the space ships. Ahh, but I loved them and wouldn't miss an episode for anything.:D
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

LOL.......Oldies!!!!....but again very relatively related relative relativity......:P:P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good