Voive Buddy support

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
minus_273c
Ensign
Ensign

Voive Buddy support

Post by minus_273c »

Has anyone got Voice Buddy support running with Evochron Legends? I'm trying to create a game profile, but VB uses a scan technique to list running Apps when you're creating a game profile for you to associate the game App with the profile within Voice Buddy. However, when I run the scan function (with EL running) I get multiple -ERROR. this window is not a game and cannot reveive Voice Buddy events-. Although I scan up and down the list I can't find EL.

I'm running Voice Buddy V3.0 on a Win7 64 system.
Voice Buddy relies on SAPI 5.1.

And apologies, I appreciate that much above is meaningless if you're not familiar with Voice Buddy.

Thanks,

CJ
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Voive Buddy support

Post by MMaggio »

I use MS Sidewinder Game voice. It's old, but works perfectly with any game I ever tried it on. Set-up is automatic and programming is easy.
Might have to look for one on Ebay tho...
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
minus_273c
Ensign
Ensign

Voive Buddy support

Post by minus_273c »

Thanks for the help. I've now got 'Shoot' running really well.

I've also got TrackIR up and running, although the sensor, on top of the centre monitor, is a bit close at the moment, which makes it very twitchy. Once I get the centre monitor mounted on the wall it'll be about 30% further back, which should improve that.

One request on the key front. Can we please have a "Mute Alarm" key. Frankly, the last thing you need when you're panicking is the bloody "hoot, hoot, hoot" in your ears. :) It's done it's job, it's kicked you into 'fight or flight' mode. You still have the flashing warning in the middle of your HUD.

Thanks,

CJ
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Voive Buddy support

Post by Maarschalk »

I think you can customize the sound files for the Alarm with the customizing kit......;)
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
minus_273c
Ensign
Ensign

Voive Buddy support

Post by minus_273c »

Originally posted by Maarschalk
I think you can customize the sound files for the Alarm with the customizing kit......;)
I don't want to change it though, I just want to be able to mute it after it's gone off.

CJ
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Voive Buddy support

Post by Vice »

There's really not much room left for additional key functions, the template is pretty full. What Maars is pointing out is that you can achieve the type of behavior you are after by modifying the sound. You can take an alarm, then add a lot of space at the end of it, so it plays once, then won't play again for maybe 10 seconds, or 30 seconds, or however long you want a delay before it sounds again.

Consider this though, that repeating alarm is a useful way to gauge close threats. When it loops, it's often alerting you to a missile that is in close proximity and providing a good time marker to begin using counter-measures. It may also loop briefly when your hull damage reaches critical, warning you that another weapon impact could destroy you (something that a flashing indicator alone may not be enough of an alert to grab your attention in the heat of battle).
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Voive Buddy support

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Indeed. It can keep you from bleeding off energy. For me, when the alarm sounds, I know I have just enough time to get off two shots ... and both of the shots will either hit (and destroy the missile) or, if I miss, will cause me significant harm. Either way, I don't waste energy trying to shoot down missiles that are out of gun range.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Voive Buddy support

Post by Maarschalk »

Yep, you have to use your energy wisely when that anoying alarm sounds......LOL....Just like the anoying fire alarm sound in your house when it goes of and there is a fire in the basement or the attick that your not aware of......;)
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

minus_273c
Ensign
Ensign

Voive Buddy support

Post by minus_273c »

I don't want to kill the alarm permenantly, just mute it until the next bad event happens.

CJ
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Voive Buddy support

Post by Marvin »

:o You only get about 2 seconds of alarm per event. The easiest way to get rid of the alarm is to get rid of the event. Then, if the alarm continues, you can assume the next event is already happening.
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Voive Buddy support

Post by MMaggio »

How about ear plugs?
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Voive Buddy support

Post by Maarschalk »

LOL...if he is using headphones, earplugs will be a mute point. But if he uses earplugs to listen to audio then plugging the earphone plugs in the audio equipment will mute the sound into the room. So he has to unplug the earplugs from his ears relatively so as not to hear the alarm sound......LOL.....:P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats: