Gaming tool

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).
Ravenfeeder
Commander
Commander

Gaming tool

Post by Ravenfeeder »

What do you think of this: http://overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.p ... dium=email ?

One hand control! Not for me though, I'm strictly keyboard and joystick, with a little help from the mouse - at the price worth considering , imho.
Image And mad cat
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Gaming tool

Post by Maarschalk »

Looks interesting, now if I could use it to expand my X52...I have to think about this one...LOL...:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
NewPlayer
Ensign
Ensign

Gaming tool

Post by NewPlayer »

Originally posted by Ravenfeeder
What do you think of this: http://overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.p ... dium=email ?

One hand control! Not for me though, I'm strictly keyboard and joystick, with a little help from the mouse - at the price worth considering , imho.
I have had this controller for about a year and a half now (I have the N52 model but the layout is the same) and it is a fantastic controller for 1st person shooters etc.

Its not a single controller to replace keyboard and mouse control but it has it's own controller software like the X52 joystick, and allows you to map some of the most used keys of the keyboard onto this keypad.

The advantage here is that when you map say the movement keys, forward, backward, sideways and maybe reload, change weapons, sighting modes etc to the pad, you can have your left hand resting on the pad all the time with the right hand using the mouse as normal.

As you can programe the keys to any position on the pad you want, your fingers quickly get used to where they are and so you are able to operate the keys without looking at the pad and can keep your eyes on the screen. I know some people can do that with the keyboard keys but I can't. I have to keep looking at the full keyboard to make sure I've got the right key. So for me, this key pad has been tremendous and I couldn't play shooters without it.

I also have an X52 joystick for my sim games like Legends and the computer sees the X52 and the N52 keypad as seperate controllers.

Both these controllers are USB and you can have them both plugged in at the same time, but on my setup the keypad over rides the joystick and prevents the axis from working, so I just have to remember to unplug the pad when I want to use the joystick.

I commend this keypad to the house.
verbosity
Captain
Captain

Gaming tool

Post by verbosity »

oh yet again a bit of right handed kit that is useless to the left handed people out there. We may be a minority but we still exist, so for me this is another great gadget thats utterly pointless................
verbsleagues.co.uk sw3dg web stats systems
uaithne.com eco-living project
rulerofzu.com free fantasy mmorpg
jesterscup.com webby stuffies
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Gaming tool

Post by Maarschalk »

Cool, ..........:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Kesselring
Ensign
Ensign

Gaming tool

Post by Kesselring »

I used to use this for World of Warcraft. It is excellent if you are right handed and need macros. But you can also use something like autohotkey and it should work just as well but you have to put more effort into it.