Upgrade to Windows 7 does....something...

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
Cynglen
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Cynglen »

Ok, so I got EL a long while back on windows XP. Worked fine, was fun, and then I updated to Windows 7. After reinstalling the game, I run it and I get this box that says DarkBASIC, then gives me two buttons. One says "DARKBASIC.PL" and sends me to a web site where I could buy some 3D game-making software called DarkBASIC, the other button say "ZAMKNIJ" which I've found is polish for "close" and it does just that without anything else happening. Any ideas what the heck is going on?
MMaggio
Captain
Captain

Post by MMaggio »

Yeah, you should have stayed with XP!
All joking aside, Vice will come along soon and explain it all.
\"To kill hubris with humility is a goal rarely achieved by men\"
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Post by 49rTbird »

Hello Cynglen, I run the game on Windows 7 pro and have no problems so far. Hope you get it to work soon. Welcome to the forum and the Sim. See you out there sometime.:)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Ok, so I got EL a long while back on windows XP. Worked fine, was fun, and then I updated to Windows 7. After reinstalling the game, I run it and I get this box that says DarkBASIC, then gives me two buttons. One says "DARKBASIC.PL" and sends me to a web site where I could buy some 3D game-making software called DarkBASIC, the other button say "ZAMKNIJ" which I've found is polish for "close" and it does just that without anything else happening. Any ideas what the heck is going on?
Sounds like the reinstall may not have quite taken. When you 'updated', did you upgrade from XP to 7 or did you install a fresh copy of 7? Keep your pilot profile, if desired, then uninstall the game completely. Download the latest build from here: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronlegends/downloads.htm

Run that installer, make sure you're at admin level when doing so. Place the pilot profiles back in the save data folder, then relaunch the game. Also, make sure you've updated DirectX for Windows 7 as the basic 7 install lacks a number of DX files by default. You can update DirectX here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

If the problem persists, follow the steps outlined here: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronlegends/faq.htm#8 And I'll take a look at your system.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi Cynglen, Welcome to the Game and Forum. Hope you get it to work, see you out there some time...;)
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good