FreeTrack help, please

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).
DocHogan
Ensign
Ensign

FreeTrack help, please

Post by DocHogan »

Since it feels like FreeTrack is abandoned or no longer supported, and v2.2 won't run on my system...

can anyone provide me with versions 2.1.1, 2.1, and/or 2.0? I'm hoping that one of the previous versions might make it usable for me. I've found no help over at FTs forums, and since I know there are FT users here, I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks
---
Doc Hogan
>*<
DocHogan
Ensign
Ensign

FreeTrack help, please

Post by DocHogan »

Got hold of v2.1.2, and it fixes the issue, yay!

In case it helps anyone else, v2.2 would freeze/ go non-responding upon activating camera (Philips ToUCam SPC900, Win7). After following troubleshooting steps at FreeTracks forum, I manually registered both ActiveX module through regsvr32, but the D3D dll would NOT register. It would come with with the error regarding failed to find the entry point. Getting a new version of the dll didn't fix.

Reverting to v2.1.2 resolves the issue.

Don't know, but assume, that this was an issue between FT and Win7 implementation of DirectX 11.

[edit]
The other nice thing about this, incidentally, is that if I ever end up with TrackIR hardware (cameras, anyway), FT v2.1.2 has support for them...TrackIR forced them to disable support in v2.2 Sooooo...anyone want to donate a TrackIR cam :D
[/edit]

[Edited on 2-27-2010 by DocHogan]
---
Doc Hogan
>*<
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

FreeTrack help, please

Post by Maarschalk »

Nice, congrats on getting Free Track to work. I use TrackIR Pro 4.0, and love the game immersion it gives me.....;)
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good