Legends and Renegade no text

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
iconx
Ensign
Ensign

Post by iconx »

I just installed Legends and Renegade and when I start up the game, the menus have no text. All options are blank. Anyone have any idea why this is happening?
I've updated to latest directx and nvidia drivers on WinXP SP3 but still nothing.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

From where did you download the games? If not from the main Starwraith page, try downloading again, from there. If that doesn't work, check to make sure you don't have any modded folders in your main game folder (mods can override default files). Also check to see that the game's screen resolution and color quality match your desktop resolution and color quality.
49rTbird
Captain
Captain

Post by 49rTbird »

Hello iconx, hope you get your isues fixed. Welcome to the forum and the Sim. See you out there sometime.:)
Explore! Explore! Explore! \"There is no going back (Yet) so Make Today Count!
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

What driver version are you using specifically? Are they from Nvidia or a 3rd party? Have you applied any AA or AF and if so, have you tried 'Application Preference' or 'Off' for those settings?
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Post by Maarschalk »

Hi iconx, welcome to the game and forum. Looks like one of your text files text is missing or maybe you have your text color set same as game options background color and therefor you do not see the text..but it is best to follow Vice's advice... he is the master of this universe...;)
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good