Trying out X3 TC

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).
Ohsirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Trying out X3 TC

Post by Ohsirus »

Well, I've had this game forevveeer. So i reviewed all these guides, set up a controller profile. Fired it up and after 10 min. BORED :( Pretty game though.
Sinbad
Commander
Commander

Trying out X3 TC

Post by Sinbad »

I agree... very pretty but graphics too demanding for my humble laptop. And ridiculously steep learning curve makes it impossible to get into.

That's the beauty of Evochon Legends... a perfect balance of difficulty which allows you to get into the game quickly and still find there's a lot more to learn. Plus although the graphics may not be as good as X3 they're good enough and much more accessible to lower spec pc's. Plus the multiplayer really sets Legends apart from X3 for enjoyment.

Well I just had to take this opportunity to praise Legends really!:)

Universe Explorers Clan
[UE]Sinbad
Clan Leader

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. - Carl Sagan
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Trying out X3 TC

Post by Marvin »

Originally posted by MCCON

And ridiculously steep learning curve makes it impossible to get into.
:o I guess one man's "steep learning curve" is another man's meat and potatoes. Personally, I could never get the hang of walking in one direction while strafing in another ... especially in Mech Warrior. At least, in X-3, you could use tactics to compensate for a lack of coordination.