Nvidia 3d Vision Support

General discussion (space-sim gaming, astronomy, and sci-fi entertainment in general, etc.).
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Nvidia 3d Vision Support

Post by Maarschalk »

ROFL.....now I'm really start to feel bad for poor Romulan.....Hahahahaha......:P:P:P:P:P

By the way, thanks Romulan for the info......;)

[Edited on 1-21-2010 by Maarschalk]
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
bluesilver30
Ensign
Ensign

Nvidia 3d Vision Support

Post by bluesilver30 »

So, unfortunately, nvidia vision does not seem to work with this game. I tried various settings, but it just wasn't recognized by the 3d drivers. Sometimes, it would crash to desktop when I tried to force the 3d on.

I'm not sure why it's crashing... it seems like this game should be able to handle 3d fine. If anyone has had any success, I'm all ears.

Vice, if you read this, I would highly suggest getting with the NVidia guys (they're very vocal on their 3d Vision forums) and working out a solution. They seem very open to working with devs to get their games 3d. Frankly, after playing some of my favorite games in 3D, I can't go back to 2D. 3D is that good. You just have to experience it to really understand how much better it makes video games. Flight sim, oblivion, WoW, etc... so much more fun. Flight sim is what really gets me interested in a 3D evochron though. 3D flight sim is really something, I could only imagine how it would feel flying around in 3D space.

So Vice, I again reiterate, if you have free time or are looking for a new challenge, check out working with the NVidia folks. 3D is definitely worth it, and I'm sure you and your fans would appreciate the added depth to the evochron universe (pun intended).

Thanks for reading!

-Nick
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Nvidia 3d Vision Support

Post by Marvin »

:cool: Asteroid fields must really look impressive in 3-D. Maybe, in the game's next incarnation, if Vice puts higher mountains with deep canyons and valleys to fly through ... that, too, would look great in 3-D.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Nvidia 3d Vision Support

Post by Maarschalk »

Yes, that would be neat for planetary combat chasing Vonari through a maze of canyons...:P:P:P:P:P
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good