A Game of Asteroids

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
Gouitsu
Ensign
Ensign

A Game of Asteroids

Post by Gouitsu »

Someing I just bashed up in 30mins out of bordom, sorta made it up as I went along. Constructive Criticism is always welcome.

“THEY ALWAYS SHOW UP AT THE WRONG TIME!� The cockpit rumbles as a fulcrum torpedo explodes in the distance… “OH COMON! Just a little longer…� The cockpit rumbles again as another torpedo explodes, this time it was closer.

“Why do these battles always have to take place in the asteroid field?� The ship shakes violently as it is showered with large chunks of debris.

“Ok, the rest of this platinum is going to have to wait…� The unknown pilot hammers on the thrusters attempting to outrun the closing in explosions. The ship jerks aggressively as another chunk of debris slams the ship from behind. “Don’t these bastards have any consideration!?�

The com system crackles in… “Is...*chhz*...any..*chz*..require assistance..*chzzzt*..�

“Hello?� The com crackles and buzzes in once again. “*chzz*…Im…stranded..*chzz*..my..*chz*..ships systems…*chzz*..fried.�
“Can you transmit your coordinates?� ….It goes quite for a moment…
“Hello!? Are you still out there?� The navigation unit bleeps…
“Ah there you are, tucked behind that asteroid, If you can still here me, hang on I’ll be 10 minutes�

The pilot races through the asteroid field, dodging and weaving around the large chunks of rock and debris while trying to keep the ship from spinning out of control from the nearby fulcrum explosions.

The com system clicks in again. “Hey..*chzz*..is that you..*chzz* on my sensors.�
“It must be, the com signal is getting better.�
The ship closes in, 5000k…�Is there anyone onboard with you�…4500k… “*chzz* no *chzz*� …4000k… “OH DAMN!�…3800k… “*chz* Whats wrong!? *Chzz*� …3500k… “Im picking up hostiles up on my sensors, ready your escape pod…� …2900k… “*chz*what why? *chzz* cant you fight em off? *Chzz*�…2500k… “No this is just a civilian mining ship… I don’t have the equipment for it� …2200k… “*chz*Not good then? *chz*�…1900k… “When I hit 300k, eject your escape pod, im going to do a grab and run�.

The unknown pilot its nothing but a few seconds away and the hostiles are closing in ever so faster. “Their ships are faster than mine…� …1000k… “*chz* even if you do pull this grab and run off, how do you propose we escape them? *chz*� … 600k… “We use our surroundings.� …400k.. “GET READY!� …300k… “EJECT NOW!�……

I dunno if i'll finish it, its not very often I do any creative writing. It always ends up rushed for some reason.
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

A Game of Asteroids

Post by Maarschalk »

I like it.....like to read more......just continue....:cool::cool::cool:;)
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good