Hud Mod Link

Custom mods, stories, and artwork based on the Evochron / Arvoch universe.
chilong
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Hud Mod Link

Post by chilong »

Hi,

Hopefully, this link will allow you to download the hud mods I showed you:

http://www.box.net/shared/1uozfbhqrb

- Put them in a folder you name "Hud".
- Put this folder, "hud", in your "EvochronLegends" folder.
- If you want to use different colors for the Gun Circle, Hud Tape or Compass, you will have to activate the color you want as follows: Rename the file you want to use by removing the color from the file name,e.g., if you want a purple hud tape, change the name "hudtape purple.bmp" to simply,"hudtape.bmp". To deactivate it at a later date, just rename it again.
- Any items you wish not to use you should either rename, drag out of folder to save in another or, if your sure you will not want to use it, just delete it and they will automatically be replaced with the game's standard default (you won't see the default files in the folder....the file simply won't over ride them now).

If you feel you want additional colors you can open any one of the files in an image editor and change them quickly and easily. For example: I use Adobe photoshop. I click on "Image"> "Adjust"> "Hue/Saturation" and by moving the hue slider, can get any color I want. For more intense reds, blues, etc., raise the saturation. When you get what you want, save it in your "Hud" folder and when you want to use it, make sure it is named correctly. Hopefully the image editor that you have will have the same or similar tool.

If you really,really want a different color but get stuck, I will try to do it for you or any other minor changes when I get a chance. (I guess you would have to email me?)

[Edited on 1-1-2010 by chilong]
warsign
Captain
Captain

Hud Mod Link

Post by warsign »

I'll try it asap.

Thank you so much, good work...

Edit: A zip file works better imo...

[Edited on 1-1-2010 by warsign]
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Hud Mod Link

Post by Maarschalk »

Nice work.......:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
Dengar
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hud Mod Link

Post by Dengar »

chilong - good looking hud, but I like the energy/shield readout that warsign designed.

warsign,

I am still using your hud with the maps and the energy/shield readout, but I prefer chilongs nav tape.

How do I modify your hud with chilongs tape?

A U2U would suffice.

\"Cry Havoc! and let slip the dogs of war\"

BA TeamSpeak Details
warsign
Captain
Captain

Hud Mod Link

Post by warsign »

Hi Dengar.

Shield and energy indicators I use it in my mods is Vice's design actually called "center text". Vice's default cockpit, they are off as default but Vice gave us an opportunity as mod and I used it first. For this reason everyone knows as It is my design but It is not. Vice did it, I used it first, that's it :)

From "customizing kit"

hudtext.dat = first value enables or disables the center text, 0 = disable, 1 = enable

Everybody can use it in their own hud design, simple on/off thing.

Here is your solution Dengar:

Back up your hud folder first. Copy it to different location, just in case.
Return to your original hud folder and erase b2-compass and b2compassshadow files. That's it...

Any problem let me know. Good flying...

[Edited on 1-1-2010 by warsign]
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hud Mod Link

Post by Marvin »

:cool: The game will use whatever graphic files you've put in the "hud" folder. If you don't have a specific file in the folder, the game will use the corresponding default graphic.

I have a "standby" folder to hold all the unused graphics for the HUD. Whenever I see a new graphic I want to use (or tweak), I download it (sometimes that means downloading an entire package) and swap out the current graphic.

In multiplayer, Warsign's icons are a real attention-grabber. For the mod I'm working on, I prefer the default files because they have more of a retro sci-fi feel to them. So, when going from MP to SP and back again, I do a lot of swapping.