Options not saving?

For help with SW3DG game related technical issues.
ChazFox
Ensign
Ensign

Options not saving?

Post by ChazFox »

Alright, so I'm trying to set up my options for display, sound, controls, etc. I hit the Save Options button, and restart as prompted for displpay settings, but for some reason, those settings are still on their default values, meaning they haven't saved at all. O.o

I'm not quite sure what my problem might be, but I believe it might be related to the fact that I had Evochron Legends installed when I had Windows XP, and that not all of the files were erased when I upgraded to Windows 7. For instance, while my old profile was still present, any time I attempted to save to it, my game locked up and I had to force quit. To solve this problem I simply saved to a different slot.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure which files I should get rid of to remedy this problem, so if anyone can help, that'd be awesome.

~Chaz
Bartender/Occasional firefighter at the Intergalactic Truckstop.

The Romulan spoke to me and all I got was this lousy T-shirt.

[IM] Independent Merchants
Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Options not saving?

Post by Maarschalk »

Maybe it automatically defaults to your Windows 7 settings. I'm not familiar with Windows 7.
So try to change the settings in Windows 7 display and or control panel. ;)
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
ChazFox
Ensign
Ensign

Options not saving?

Post by ChazFox »

Originally posted by Maarschalk
Maybe it automatically defaults to your Windows 7 settings. I'm not familiar with Windows 7.
So try to change the settings in Windows 7 display and or control panel. ;)
Nope, it's not just display settings. I mean options within Evochron Legends, things such as turning the music off (So I can play a DVD in the background while mining or flying about, without the music overpowering it) and trying to set the display to Max Vsync, to see if that gives me a more stable image. O.o;

[Edited on 12-12-2009 by ChazFox]

Maarschalk
Captain
Captain

Options not saving?

Post by Maarschalk »

Dispaly and sound are ussually also controlled by your operating system and or sound and graphics card.
and MaxVsync I believe is not always allowed by some graphics card or Displays! So that is why I think it might not be saving and just defaulting and is overiding the in game settings.
Arvoch Alliance Stat:

Evochron Legends Stats:

Evochron Mercenary Stats:

Darkness is the absence of Light as Evil is the absence of Good
ChazFox
Ensign
Ensign

Options not saving?

Post by ChazFox »

Actually, I managed to fix it. My guess was right, it was a problem with the config files (I just deleted the three config-related files that had their "Last Modified" date back in June. Starting the game up again, it automatically created fresh files, and my options now save. ^^)

[Edited on 12-12-2009 by ChazFox]

Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Options not saving?

Post by Vice »

Those files probably got set to 'read only' somewhere along the way in your transition from one OS to the next. Deleting them removed the read only condition. If it happens again, right click on those files and check to make sure they are not marked for read only in the properties.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations